News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New Tiger

Started by jphish, December 05, 2009, 01:56:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jphish

Greetings All - picked up an 06 Tiger (silver Siberian model) today. 3,900 mi - no farkles other than side cases & center stand, $5700. Cold trip home - 75 miles in 22* temps. (Now I see why they have thick fur) The right foot peg almost came off - found many fasteners loose. I know what I'll be doing over weekend. I changed most my torx fasteners on my Uly to allen heads - think I'll do the same here. Anyway - just wanted to declare my feline affection. Though it's tough choosing between the Uly or Tiger - both very fun/capable adventure machines. I'm OK with the dilemma though - since I'm keeping both - how lucky can one be?!

tett

Cool!!

My 06 Tiger is just put to bed for the winter.  Today we got our first dumping of snow and will probably have snow now until spring.  Sighhhhhhh

You will really enjoy your new baby.  

First farkle to get should be crash bars.

Cheers!

tett

Quote from: "jphish"Greetings All - picked up an 06 Tiger (silver Siberian model) today. 3,900 mi - no farkles other than side cases & center stand, $5700. Cold trip home - 75 miles in 22* temps. (Now I see why they have thick fur) The right foot peg almost came off - found many fasteners loose. I know what I'll be doing over weekend. I changed most my torx fasteners on my Uly to allen heads - think I'll do the same here. Anyway - just wanted to declare my feline affection. Though it's tough choosing between the Uly or Tiger - both very fun/capable adventure machines. I'm OK with the dilemma though - since I'm keeping both - how lucky can one be?!
98 Valkyrie
71 Commando
06 Tiger

coachgeo

Quote from: "jphish"... I'm OK with the dilemma though - since I'm keeping both - how lucky can one be?!
grrrrrrr
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

TigerTrax

JP...
You will love your '06 Tiger . . I have a Black.
I've done several 1000+ mile days on it ( one being 1300 ).

You should know...we have Tiger gatherings ( formerly called Ride-In, now called Tiger STREAK ).  

A STREAK is being planned right now for Washington state in Sept 2010.

Watch Upcoming thread for Tiger STREAK events.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

Yukon

Quote from: "jphish"Greetings All - picked up an 06 Tiger (silver Siberian model) today. 3,900 mi - no farkles other than side cases & center stand, $5700.

Great purchase.  You'll love the bike and you got a fantastic deal at $5700.

jphish

Thanks all - I'll look forward to the Sept event here in Wa. I'm now busy ignoring work & other distractions as I look for Farkles. Crash bars, heated grips etc. It's an "odd" looking machine - but It has lots on inner beauty. Got lots to learn about the new beast.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "jphish"- how lucky can one be?!

Are you of Irish descent by any chance  :lol:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

jphish

With a last name of Daly... I guess I am.  Hadn't planned on getting a Tiger just yet (already have 3 others in the cold garage) but it was geographically close, in excellent condition and licked my hand when I walked by. It was housed with a bunch of BMWs - so I consider it a 'rescue' mission in my "save the Tigers" campaign.  :D

Sin_Tiger

There is a town named Daly not far from us in Ayrshire.

Quotelicked my hand when I walked by .......... so I consider it a 'rescue' mission in my "save the Tigers" campaign

I like that  :lol: a sanctuary for old Tigers  8)
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

TigerTrax

Irish descent you say?

Hmmmm... my partner in our rider school was named Moriarity . . big
guy 6'5" 400 lbs.. full beard. He was a 'devout Irish'.

He says to me one day . . "Moffitt, is that Irish?" I says, "It's an Irish bastardized spelling for MOFFATT, as in clan Moffat(t).
He says, "The Scots were a bunch of murderin bastards. I hate 'em!"

I says, "Denny, calm down. I've enough Scot in me to put it in up to the hilt, but enough Irish in me to be compassionate about it!"

He looked at me dumbfounded then just roared with laughter saying,
" I never heard it put that way before!'

From then on we wrangled each other all the time.
Denny died of heart/lung and diabetes complications. One of the good
guys in this world. I'm glad he was my friend.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

zombie

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"
Quote from: "jphish"- how lucky can one be?!

Are you of Irish descent by any chance  :lol:

That would be me
Irish by birth American by choice, became a citizen in 97
moved here in 87 and loving every minute of it

congrats on your  new Tiger
by the way how do you like the Uly as I've had a weird hankering for one

jphish

Zombie - HA! Loved TigerTrax exchange with Denny. Sorry for his untimely passing. I understand and accept the circle of life thing...but still hate to lose good friends. I'm a 'mutt' - my Dad was Irish, my mom German / Welsh. So 3 Irishmen walk into a bar...Anyway - I'm currently checking ALL the fasteners on my new Tiger, as those size 40 torx bolts came loose on my way home (so much for the BMW safety check - perhaps they got it confused with a rear drive on the 1200?) My rearbrake pedal & foot pegs were flopping around by the time I pulled into the garage. Not auspicious beginnings - but more of a questionable dealer check than a Tiger issue. I already have great affection for the 'kitty beast' - She will be a good complement/companion to my Uly. With Buell OOB as of Oct 16 - I wanted a 'spare' i could depend on. Always liked the Tigers - decided to get one after my Uly voltage regulator got put on 2 mos back order, and i'm doing a 15K trip this spring. I still love the Uly - I currently have an St1300, KLR, & had others - but nothing has the ride/suspension like the Buell. Very visceral fun machine - no dual sport, but like the Tiger, does fine on dirt roads, and absolute canyon killer. I have no plans to get rid of her - The Uly & Tiger will be cremated/composted with me. The ST & KLR can be sold. When they dig me up a few hundred years from now - they'll say "Hey! That lucky bastard had a couple 'a cool motorcycles! We'll toss him, but the beasts go in the museum". Stay warm my fellow travelers.  PS - anyone know where I can get a silver topcase for this beast?

KuzzinKenny

Hey jphish !!

Quote ( my rearbrake pedal & foot pegs were flopping around by the time I pulled into the garage. ) Yip its happened to most of us, there`s a bolt that sticks through quite a bit from the footpeg, look under the bike and you`ll see it, once you`ve tightened it put a lock nut on the inside, that usually does the trick :)

make a note !! the Tigger likes a loose chain !!

ride safe !!

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

akendall1966

Reminds me I bought a bike a Sprint from a recently opened Triumph dealer a good number of years ago, picked it up in the evening,  and took it to work the next day. Front brake didn't feel right so stopped to discover one missing caliper bolt and the other a few tuns from falling out too.

Irate call to the dealer and they sent out the mechanic to collect it and took it away replaced the missing bolts and repeated the PDI before delivering it back.

Few day later I heard from a friend they ended up firing the mechanic as it turns out  he over egged his CV in applying for the job at the new shop. Turns out he had only ever worked on lawn mowers before starting that job :shock:

Lets say on the rare occasion I trust my bike to another to work on I check the torque ASAP on any bolts & nuts on the critical stuff like wheels brakes steering.
----AK-----

jphish

1996 - Good advice. I am in process of checking every bolt - still need to get manual for torque specs. Kuzzin' - thanks for tip on lock nuts - good idea! Why didn't I think of that ??  j