News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Exhaust system?

Started by rf9rider, December 12, 2009, 03:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rf9rider

Next question........................ :lol:

Looking at the bike before i change the swingarm etc back to original, i`ve noticed i have the late downpipe assembly fitted, (according to Haynes manual) the headers are one piece, ie, 3 into 2.

My problem is, the cross piece/joiner that goes across under the motor is right in the way of where the centre stand bolts onto the frame.

I might be able to move this section of the exhaust forward a little to clear the centre stand, but if not, are the early cross piece/joiners any different to the later ones?

Thanks all.  :D

JetdocX

I think I ended up pulling those pipes off to fit my centerstand.
From parts unknown.

Mustang

The installation instructions for the OEM triumph stand tell you to remove the exhausts to fit the center stand , the SW Motech stand is the same procedure as the stand is identical to the OEM stand

Nick Calne

Having done this recently, I can confirm that you can just about get the centre stand on by removing only the central part of the exhaust system but it is very tight....
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

NeilD

Quote from: "rf9rider"have the late downpipe assembly fitted, (according to Haynes manual) the headers are one piece, ie, 3 into 2.

thats correct for the Tiger..
I removed the silences and 'H' piece when fitting my centerstand to access the mounting bolts... took the H piece off in one piece but ended up seperating it for refitment as couldnt quite jiggle it around the stand.. in any case, I'd rather do that than remove the downpipes (and the associated risk of breaking studs etc!) which I believe is the official Triumph method?   I was pleasently suprised at how well the exhaust came apart, I was expecting the usual siezed clmaps and bolts etc, but no probs at all...  8)

rf9rider

Thanks all.
I`ve now removed the Carbon Co end cans, and re-fitted the originals after having them repaired, while they were off, i had another look, it seems the centrestand will fit, although the problem is still the different swing arm thats on it.
My original swing arm is on the way, should be here next week hopefully.   :D