News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

12v power on the Tiger?

Started by BP_LONDON, August 03, 2004, 12:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BP_LONDON

Does the tiger have a socket or similar easy way (plug) to get power to a GPS, Mobile etc? If not, how do I get this installed? Is Powerlet accesories an option?

Thanks in advance...

Badger

Quote from: "BP_LONDON"Does the tiger have a socket or similar easy way (plug) to get power to a GPS, Mobile etc? If not, how do I get this installed? Is Powerlet accesories an option?

Thanks in advance...

I have an 04 Tiger and it has a power socket on the left hand side below the seat/tank. It has a flip up cap.

Bob
Growing Old Disgracefully

BP_LONDON

Thanks Bob.

I should have mentioned I'm getting an '02 Tigger...does it also have this power point?

Flying Tiger

Yes, the 2002 Tiger 955i also has a round power output on the left hand side just under the tank.  It has a black flip cap covering it.  I imagine for heated vest/pants.

Regards,

Lawrence

BP_LONDON

Thanks Lawrence  :-$ rock

BP_LONDON

Now, how do I power a GPS from this socket? Do I need adapters/cables?

Quote from: "BP_LONDON"Now, how do I power a GPS from this socket? Do I need adapters/cables?

You're going to have to tell us which GPS you have because some can handle 12volts and some can't.

I fitted another power socket in my dash for my SP3. I use the original socket for my heated jacket liner.

dezrat57

Like Mick Jagger said" START ME UP"

all of your hopes and dreams!!

http://www.powerletproducts.com

BP_LONDON

Ended up ordering PPC-001 from Powerlet. Hope it works.  :o

Flying Tiger

Quote from: "dezrat57"Like Mick Jagger said" START ME UP"

Thanks for the power cord link.  I was looking for the same type of adapters, also.  I will order some for myself!   :lol:

Does anybody know if it's alright to trickle charge the battery through the power input in the tiger?

Thanks,

Lawrence

Badger

Quote from: "Flying Tiger"
Quote from: "dezrat57"Like Mick Jagger said" START ME UP"

Thanks for the power cord link.  I was looking for the same type of adapters, also.  I will order some for myself!   :lol:

Does anybody know if it's alright to trickle charge the battery through the power input in the tiger?

Thanks,

Lawrence

Triumph do a connector for an Optimate to go into this socket so I guess it must be OK.
Growing Old Disgracefully

Brock

I've used an Optimate on both my Tigers, through the 12v socket. You can get the right plug from any automotive electrician and wire it yourself.
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

WildeKurt

Blacktiger,

Where did you wire up the socket you added?  Does it involve taking off the tank and stringing wire back to the battery?  I'm going to add one myself.

Kurt

dezrat57

Check the www.powerletproducts.com site.

they have what your looking for.

best of luck,dave

Quote from: "WildeKurt"Blacktiger,

Where did you wire up the socket you added?  Does it involve taking off the tank and stringing wire back to the battery?  I'm going to add one myself.

Kurt

I took the fairing off and found the thick white wire going to the ignition switch and tapped into that. I then put the new socket next to the heated grips switch.