News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

next generation Tiger(?) will compete with BMW GS

Started by REGULATOR, January 27, 2010, 02:08:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Stenhouse

To me that's just another 1050 roadie clone?
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

jonathan jaecks

With all the discussion about features and farkles I suspect most bikes rarely get ridden up to their true potential (mine included).  Though I often look at my 06' Tiger and shake my head, I grin my ass off once I'm on it.  As for me the "more better" Tiger would be the 1050 as it exists now, but with better suspension and usable/practical luggage (included)...that's it.  Turn the key and ride it across the country with no issues. Although the new Multi looks like a killer on paper, once you add crash protection and a few farkles the price puts it into the used bike only category for me.  LD touring without breaking down is questionable, and 150 HP would have me in an orange jumpsuit picking up trash by the side of the road in no time, almost guaranteed.

...there are days when I'd kill for a 17" front though.

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "jonathan jaecks"... and 150 HP would have me in an orange jumpsuit picking up trash by the side of the road in no time, almost guaranteed.....

Same risk as the Blackbird, with power comes responsibility.  For what it's worth, I use full throttle on the Tiger a lot.  A almost never use full throttle on the 'Bird, and even when I do, it only for a second or two - otherwise I too would be in trouble; only in the UK they tend to put us in prison :shock:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Nick Calne

Yeah, 150 bhp equals trouble.  Every time I go out on the daytona @ at mere 128bhp I think I'm going to jail.  Throttle works both ways, but the bike as a whole doesn't.  It thinks 85mph is a reasonable rolling along speed in the same way 50mph is on the tiger.   I suspect the multistrada will wanna race rather than tour...and that will prove a little too much.  On the other hand it could be the best new bike this year.   8)
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

haulin' daze

I, like many others here, have been waiting for a smaller displacement Tiger. If they don't make it soon, I'll be forced to take out a second mortgage (hard to do these days) for that MS. Screw displacement.

THAT F*CKER ROCKS!   :rock

Sin_Tiger

I'd been mulling around ideas about fitting aux lights on the Roadie and more or less convinced myself I was going to make a "beak" that would blend in to the front cowl with the lights in it as I've always felt the Roadie looked like something had dropped off the front, almost unfinished.

Then I saw the new MS pics ................. damn, that's exactly what I had in my head, not much else there mind you  :roll:

So long as the power ticket doesn't come with the low and mid range  torque holes that so blighted the Stelvio and it doesn't shake your nuts to mush getting there like a KTM.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

EvilBetty

New Triumph Line-up
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

HockleyBoy

05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport