News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Steamer Motad Venom Cans - UK

Started by Sin_Tiger, February 17, 2010, 09:12:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

I managed to snag a set of these in Dec, looks like they have found some more new old stock. Haven't gotten around to fitting mine yet but they are so light compared to the originals, even with extra holes in them like mine  :roll:

Motad Venom for Steamers
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JetdocX

Are they for the Steamer or the Roadie?
From parts unknown.

Mustang

They are for the Steamer ............I have a feeling they are LOUD like D&D loud

Sin_Tiger

Yes, Steamer (pair).

They are below the UK legal limit with both baffles in. There is a cone shaped baffle that fits between the link pipe and can and another removable in situ DB killer tube that fits in the can outlet like most aftermarket pipes.

I spoke to Motad after I got them, they said that they had made a batch up some time ago while they were tooled up and were just clearing their shelves of slower moving stock, with both baffles in they conform to UK & EU regs, they are E marked, the sound is "fruity but not offensive", baffles out is definately track only  :shock:

They are so light I decided to bring them out in my luggage  :D . Quality and nicely finished, not seconds or returns. I ended up paying about 180 quid delivered which I think was still a bargain for a twin set.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Hittman

Do you have a video with the sound? Could you post some pics with them mounted?

Sin_Tiger

Sorry I won't be mounting them for a month or so, when I do I'll make the info available.

Don't know if there is anyone else on here that has them already that might be able to help.

Hittman

I was thinking about bidding on a set but they want 94 quid to ship to the US!

Sin_Tiger

:shock: ouch, ask if there are alternatives.

Hittman

According to them that was the only option available  :roll:

Well at least someone got a great deal on some pipes

Sin_Tiger

That's a shame unless you know somone coming over to the US in the near future. They are not that heavy but they come in two very well packed boxes. I saw somone else post that they have four sets left, guess he called them up.