News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Reibers tiger rebuild

Started by rybes, March 04, 2010, 01:07:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colonel Nikolai

Maybe a stupid q, but how did you separate the lenses from the reflectors to clean and renew the headlights? I thought they were permanently mated?
Mostly commuting around town on the Steamer these days.

Mustang

Quote from: "Colonel Nikolai"Maybe a stupid q, but how did you separate the lenses from the reflectors to clean and renew the headlights? I thought they were permanently mated?
They are .he didn't .

He polished the outside of the glass lens and painted the backside of the bowl silver , that is all .   :lol:

Nick Calne

I love this thread, it's a source of hope!
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

rybes

Quote from: "Colonel Nikolai"Maybe a stupid q, but how did you separate the lenses from the reflectors to clean and renew the headlights? I thought they were permanently mated?

mustangs right mate. all i done was attack the lenses with me polishin wheels  :wink: worked a treat too :D
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

Colonel Nikolai

Episode IV, A New Hope: Luke Skywalker's Steamer is Restored. Optional Lightsabre Deployment System Installed.

Colonel Nikolai

Quote from: "Mustang"
They are .he didn't .

He polished the outside of the glass lens and painted the backside of the bowl silver , that is all .   :lol:

Okay was a stupid q.

Mustang

No question is stupid if you don't know , that's how you find out stuff ...... :D

did you know that when you take a rock hit to the headlight that shiny thing is like $90 to replace  :evil:

Colonel Nikolai

Quote from: "Mustang"...that shiny thing is like $90 to replace  :evil:

Just one, or do you have to buy them as a set? That is :evil:

Mustang

each  .............the last one I needed was 89 bucks for 1

Colonel Nikolai

Quote from: "Mustang"each  .............the last one I needed was 89 bucks for 1

Wow. Note to self: get something over the lights to protect them.

Sin_Tiger

I just cleaned the inside of the lens and the reflector on one of mine with IPA type stuff and a microfibre cloth, the muck that came out was amazing.

I haven't done the other reflector yet, I want to get the bike back on the road then do a comparison just to see how much difference it made, then do some upgrade work.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rybes

look what turned up today :D

once ive found out what, tripple clamp use std bush (length +110mm) means, ill get it all fitted up

i know the tripple clamps the yoke but whats the bush  :?:

NeilD

Quote from: "rybes"look what turned up today :D

once ive found out what, tripple clamp use std bush (length +110mm) means, ill get it all fitted up

maybe they mean spacer as some  triumph forks have a spacer on top of the spring? dunno about tigers as not had mine apart... ?

ramseybella

I have a Hyperpro rear shock on my 98 smooth!!

rybes

Quote from: "NeilD"
Quote from: "rybes"look what turned up today :D

maybe they mean spacer as some  triumph forks have a spacer on top of the spring? dunno about tigers as not had mine apart... ?

thats what i was thinkin mate. ive seen a long tube in there but to add 110 mm i think is gunna be a bit difficult. i can see me bein on the phone to holland tmora  :lol: