News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Sprag replacement

Started by Texasplumr, March 05, 2010, 08:49:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texasplumr

Hi, I'm new here and this is my first post. I have searched the forum and can't find exactly what I am searching for (although I could have gleaned over it).

Is the sprag as hard to replace on the early Girlies as it is on the Steamer? They have the same engine I believe with the exception of fuel injection.

I'm considering a 2000 Girly and don't see a sticky on it like in the Steamer forum.

I know some of you here are a wealth of information and would appreciate any input.

I live in Austin Texas, BTW.

Thanks!

Russ
Russ Lane
Austin, Tx.

Mustang

from looking at the schematics on Bike Bandit it appears that the engines are very similar . But the good news is you don't ever hear about 885FI engines eating the sprag , and from my experience it is only the early 409 engines that ate the sprag , and those were mostly from using dead batterys .
keep a good battery in her and life is good

the 955's have a totally different setup for the sprag .

Texasplumr

Quote from: "Mustang"from looking at the schematics on Bike Bandit it appears that the engines are very similar . But the good news is you don't ever hear about 885FI engines eating the sprag , and from my experience it is only the early 409 engines that ate the sprag , and those were mostly from using dead batterys .
keep a good battery in her and life is good

the 955's have a totally different setup for the sprag .

Thanks! That is what I was hoping to hear.
Russ Lane
Austin, Tx.

John Stenhouse

You don't get the electrical problems either.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Mustang

Quote from: "John Stenhouse"You don't get the electrical problems either.