News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

After start-up

Started by Bliker, March 13, 2010, 09:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bliker

My bike, 2004 Girly, has been  sitting for 6 months with the battery out and fuel stabilizer in the tank. I've been out of town for work and it hasn't been touched. Is the bike going to re-tune itself once I put the battery back in and start it back up? I guess I'm asking if there are any procedures that I should follow on the initial startup, or just start it up and ride as normal?
2004 Tiger

KuzzinKenny

Hey Bliker !! i`m sure the ECU has an inbuilt battery/capacitor thingy !! as for the fuel stabilizer ?? I dont use any so no idea what you do when you want to use your bike !! has it been sittin outside covered or in a garage ?? if its been sittin outside for 6mth i`d check there`s nothin livin in it  :shock:  small things like to nest in seats, airfilters and anywhere else they can eat there way into  :shock:

check all the fluid levels, fit the battery and fire her up !! the management light will come on because the battery`s been out but will go out after 3 heat cycles !!

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

blacktiger

One important thing to remember is that, having sat for so long, the oil will have drained away from the cams etc. up top. So, if it fires straight away (unlikely but you never know) don't wang the throttle open. Let it idle for a minute or so to let the oil get where it's needed.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.