News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

What is the little blue light for?

Started by barbwire44, March 15, 2010, 07:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbwire44

Ya I know I 'm a noob, but what is the small blue light on the left side below the instrument panel for ??
2000 Triumph Tiger
KTM 300 XC-W
XR650L  Big Red Pig!

chairhead

Little blue light as in high/main beam?(headlights on)as opposed to dipped beam
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

walker

left side? does it look like the row of lights along the top of the instrument cluster? or is it different? if it's different, probably something a previous owner added.... if I remember correctly, the high beam is on the top right side, in the same horizontal row of lights with the turn signals, oil, etc.

got a picture of the light?

barbwire44

no it doesn't look like anything on the instument panel, it looks like a small indicator/bullet styled light. It is not the headlight beam indicator. I am not sure what it does, It definately has wires going to the harness, Also there is a switch beside the auxillary power port on the lower left side of the bike, couldn't find it in the manual either??
2000 Triumph Tiger
KTM 300 XC-W
XR650L  Big Red Pig!

JasonS

Sounds like an alarm.....
\'tweachisown

Photo Journal of my 2009 Texas Trip Being Written Here
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4 ... 48daf95d7c

chairhead

Quote from: "walker"got a picture of the light?

C'mon, picture :roll: ,im curious now and one of the switch
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

barbwire44

picture...ok,ok. they both look pretty factory, especially the switch, it is right next to the power accessory plug....have no idea what it does? I will have to get a picture tonight, no camera here at work.
2000 Triumph Tiger
KTM 300 XC-W
XR650L  Big Red Pig!

blacktiger

Quote from: "barbwire44"they both look pretty factory, especially the switch, it is right next to the power accessory plug...

This is deffinitely something the previous owner has done since there is no accessory socket in the dash as standard. Could well be the alarm indicator although my DATAtool came with a red LED. The switch is likely to be the heated grips. Maybe he wired in a light for them.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

barbwire44

hold on, maybe I'm confusing you guys, the switch I'm asking about is on the left side of the bike, near where your leg would be, there is a accessory plug there, and the switch is beside it, and it sure looks factory. The blue light is on the lower left part of the dash, under the all the other instruments and lights.
2000 Triumph Tiger
KTM 300 XC-W
XR650L  Big Red Pig!

Geoff D

Maybe the previous owner fitted a switch to the socket so he can turn it on & off...& also fitted a warning light so he knows when its on  :roll:
The older I get the faster I was...

walker

wired up a light for heated grips to know when they were on? some other accessory that might not turn off with the ignition so you remember to turn that something off?

Sin_Tiger

Laser gun traffic management ssytem  :lol:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

barbwire44

2000 Triumph Tiger
KTM 300 XC-W
XR650L  Big Red Pig!

JasonS

... The switch is an Aux "on" for the power outlet, and the blue light is to let you know it is on... why else put the switch next to the power outlet?

of course one could strip the tank and dash off and trace the wiring...:)
\'tweachisown

Photo Journal of my 2009 Texas Trip Being Written Here
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4 ... 48daf95d7c

barbwire44

I will have to get one of the switch now, but turning the switch doesn't activate this light??? And the grip switch is seperate and doesn't activate the light either.
2000 Triumph Tiger
KTM 300 XC-W
XR650L  Big Red Pig!