News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Warped Rotors

Started by Bixxer Bob, March 19, 2010, 01:06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

Do we get a photo!!

ChazzyB

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Rotors just arrived...  Floaters!!!  Wooo woo... :lol:

I always thought a floater was something rather less attractive!

I've got EBC floating disks on my Tiger too. The first set went back under warranty as they got quite badly pitted rather too quickly. Apparently they changed the steel because of the problem. However, if I wash the bike and don't dry the disks, the pads weld themselves to the disks... I think that's the pitting's cause.
Charles
1971 BSA A65L Lightning
1953 AJS 18S

Chris Canning

Well there by hangs a tail,when the original pads got a little thin on my Beringers i replaced them with EBC,jeeze they were a horror for welding themselves to the discs,even engine running in gear let the clutch out wouldn't budge e'm,it happened no end of times,with one occasion being on the StMalo ferry and not being able to free them :oops: ,Carbon Lorraine was the solution :D

Bixxer Bob

Funny you should say that, EBCs pitted the discs on by 'Bird one winter.... :roll:

Been out for a short ride to bed these new rotors in this afternoon (I'll post a pic later) the rotors now look slighty glazed around the very edge.  I was taking it really easy, maybe I should just rag them!!
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Bixxer Bob

Better late etc...

Here's the photo:

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

:shock: it's soooo clean  8)  that's better.

Quick question for you Girly Guru's, does the wire wheel 885i have floater option from any makers?
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Chris Canning

Think you'll find the discs are all the same no matter which bike 885/995 it's the wheels that different.

Bixxer Bob

Have a look at the EBC website, they do floating conversions for both 855i and 955i.

http://www.ebcbrakesdirect.com/bike/def ... 00&t1=disc

WVdyhrd

oh oh oh oh oh oh noob here look at the noob

what's the difference between regular and floating?
When all else fails, be lucky.

"...he proceeded, taking whatever road his horse pleased: for therin he believed, consisted the true spirit of adventure."- Don Quixote - Miguel de Cervantes

advrider->wvdyhrd

Mustang

floating rotors are held to the disk hub by bobbins that let the rotor , well ...........float

a regular disc is one pc that bolts directly to the wheel

these are floaters