News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

YAPI - noobie

Started by BruKen, March 23, 2010, 11:22:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruKen

I try and get in a half day Sat and Sunday. But will also tinker about on the odd occaision late at night. With a 60 hour a week job, 2 toddlers and a teenager time is not something I have in abundance. I reckon so far about 90 hours of constructive work. Many more in faffing about.

Geoff D

Thats looking pretty bloody good there Bruce..... won't be long before our cuppa in Hawes by the look of it. :thumbsup
The older I get the faster I was...

Sin_Tiger

I guess I'd better thorw in the towel and go get some beers now then  :friday
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

BruKen

:D not at all. Will be sending the hubs in tomorrow to be respoked and new rims. Had quite some fun cutting through the spokes with an angle grinder. When the spokes let go, they let go! Never failed to give me a start :D
I resprayed the hubs on Saturday and left them out in the sun to dry. I was gutted to see a couple of bubbles under the paint. Water must have crept in from somewhere. Even though I have a water filter in line :(

The rest of my time was prepping the bike to get the wiring loom back on and working on the brake and clutch system.

Talking of which, if I had water in the hose line and I used it to clean out the hydraulics there may well be water in the system. What is the best way of making sure there is no water in the hydraulics? Bleeding may not help. Water being heavier?

Anyway obligatory pic so far....

BruKen

Well got the carbs in today. Followed the sticky and had the job done in 15 minutes. Couldn't see what the fuss was about so the sticky obviously works. I understand it but be a devil of a job though because that's why my Tiger had been abandonned int the first place. What gave me heartache was the loom. I think I must have assembled and dissassmbled the bike 3 times today ytrying to work out its route. Any way, its all done now. Just waiting on the wheels and I will put on all the body panels etc.

Yippeeeee!

BruKen

Panels etc on, just waiting on wheels. to be returned from their rebuild.

BruKen

Oh, forgot to mention the loose captive nuts. Thanks for the sticky :D Made the job easy.

It will be a good few weeks before I get my wheels back so .... :(

Thanks to everyone who gave pointers, tips, tricks and helped with answers along the way and the fantastic sticky section. Made life a whole lot easier.

JetdocX

Looks nice!  How will you ever keep it that clean? :lol:

What is the big warning sticker in the middle of the intrument panel?
From parts unknown.

BruKen

The warning sticker is .... "You're Another Prey Item" or YAPI

:D

Geoff D

Looks good Bruce... bloody quick work there mate... :shock:

and not a drop of green paint in sight  :lol:

BruKen

140 hours and just under a thousand quid and counting Geoff. If she goes as planned I'll have scored a bargain, if she doesn't I have had some good time in the garage with my boy and will recoup my losses on fleabay by breaking her up.

Don't line up just yet though boys, I'll bet she's a goer ;-)

BruKen

yo MIMbox, you are a hero sir! That was the first startup on your carbs, I havent even tuned them :)

[/b]

Geoff D

MIMbox

Hi Bruce. Glad to be of service.. Love the sound of a bag of spanne.... no sorry, Triumph Tiger...Sounds just like mine!, and probably all the others out there in TigerLand..

BruKen

LoL yes, the rattle you hear is a half built pannier strut on the other side of the bike. I started the pannier work last weekend, but couldn't resist trying out the carbs. The motor does make a lot of whirring. is that oil or water pump?