News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Where do you find exhaust for a 2000 tigger 885??

Started by barbwire44, March 24, 2010, 03:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbwire44

I have been reading on here, and keep hearing about the TOR exhaust for the tiger, and the then people getting a re-map off road tune for the bikes as well saying it really brings them to life...... well I would like to share that feeling..LOL!!!! Now where can I find an aftermarket exhaust for an 885I tiger in the states??
thanks
2000 Triumph Tiger
KTM 300 XC-W
XR650L  Big Red Pig!

Mustang

good luck with that .......................probably isn't going to happen .

Most manufacturers are only listing stuff for the new 1050 tigers including Triumph also.

Watch ebay sometimes one will show up there ..right now there are some to fit a 93-98 steamer by D&D

as our bikes get older the aftermarket becomes less and less for them .............

barbwire44

ya, I have been looking on there and nothing99-00, but another post somewhere on here claimed the 99-06 tigers all took the same silencer?? they said different part numbers, but same part. Do you think this is true
thanks
2000 Triumph Tiger
KTM 300 XC-W
XR650L  Big Red Pig!

Chris Canning

Quote from: "barbwire44"ya, I have been looking on there and nothing99-00, but another post somewhere on here claimed the 99-06 tigers all took the same silencer?? they said different part numbers, but same part. Do you think this is true
thanks

It's the same part,when i sold my 885 and bought my 955,the Triumph off road can was swapped over,after a couple of years sold it and put a Remus on they are all the same.

Were the difference is!!!,when you bought the aftermarket Triumph silencer for the 885,it came with a staright through pipe which replaced the square collecter box,which certainley made the bike easier to clean,i ran the bike with the after market pipe both with straight through pipe and off the collector box.

I'd try any dealer see if they have one lieing around,if you want one as the part has been discontinued

barbwire44

Chris, I called a couple dealers and the problem that arises is the 99-00 off road silencer kit is obsolete, but the 955 is still available, the problem is the 885 has that collector box, and the kit specifically for it has the straight through extra mid pipe to eliminate the collector box, the 955 kit does not come with that pipe between the header and silencer that replaces the collector....... So I asked the "what if" I found a stock header from a 955 would this solve the problem of no mid pipe??? they said they didn't know if it would fit, they thought it would, but could not be sure?? I have found a 955 factory header, but really hate to throw the cash at it if it won't fit because it will not be returnable.......  But hey I did get my touring shield in the mail today!!!!! black tigger is gonna have a black windshield this evening... :D
2000 Triumph Tiger
KTM 300 XC-W
XR650L  Big Red Pig!

Chris Canning

I'd say the same as the shop,it's called doing your won personnel R+D!!!,having had 3 sets of wheels/two lots of suspension and two lots of brakes i know how it feels :wink:

walker

doesn't thunderbike carry that stuff still? they have that eliminator pipe. It's expensive though.

Sin_Tiger

Try Motad, I know they are clearing older stock just now, downside is shipping from the UK. Trident might also be worth a shot.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Chris Canning

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"Try Motad, I know they are clearing older stock just now, downside is shipping from the UK. Trident might also be worth a shot.

Motad made the Triumph pipes for Triumph,hence when i had all the hassle with my 885 i went and saw them as their all of 3 miles way :wink:

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "Chris Canning"went and saw them as their all of 3 miles way :wink:

:thumbsup nice, their kit is quality.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

barbwire44

Not much luck with the pipe hunt, I saw one place in the Uk was advertising the mid pipe alone was yielding a 5.3 horsepower gain just from installing it and removing the collector box. but they wanted 250 dollars just for the mid pipe..LOL!!! that seems a little excessive, I still wonder if the stock header from a 955 will bolt right in, just haven't worked up the nerve to buy one on a hunch....
2000 Triumph Tiger
KTM 300 XC-W
XR650L  Big Red Pig!

Chris Canning

Who was that company?