News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Kids ATGATT

Started by EvilBetty, March 27, 2010, 01:36:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvilBetty

My daughter has a full face helmet and a TourMaster jacket with armor, a HJC-Y full face helmet, and some dirt bike gloves with some leather parts on them.

She has been riding in cooler temperatures with snow boots and snow bibs.  Now that its warming up a bit and she's really enjoying pillion, I'd like to get her into some pants with hip / knee armor and some boots.

Any suggestions?  

Bikerbabies (UK) has about the only pants I can find but they have almost too many choices with inadequate descriptions.

eBay has a lot of MX boots, but something a little more comfortable would be nice.
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

redbirds

How old is your daughter? Have you looked at any off-road gear for kids?
Living vicariously through myself.

EvilBetty

Yeah that would have helped.

She's 8.

Yeah there are tons of pants, but they don't look like they have any armor.

I saw some knee and shin armor, but only one maker of some chamois underwear that had hip armor in it.  Some armored over pants would be ideal, but leather pants would be better than nothing.

Sin_Tiger

That's a lovely pic EB  :D

Can I suggest considering kids skateboard / roller blade gear, she could wear those under or over. Just looking in stores even here, there seems to be a wide selection avaialble at reasonable cost.

Another benefit of separate protection is that it's not restricted to the clothing so she can wear something that she likes the look of, she's a girl after all, and also get the use of it off the bike, they grow so fast they rarely wear clothes out.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

redbirds

Yeah, great photo, future motorcyclist in training.

Good suggestion Sin Tiger. There is a lot of kids protective gear for other activities that should adapt to motorcycling.
Living vicariously through myself.

coachgeo

believe Hit-Air makes airbag jackets for kids.  One of the air bag companies Hit air?? just started selling just the bags to wear outside of you favorite existing jacket.   A vest Non Armored to go over an existing armored jacket is something to consider too.
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

brad1098

Look at some motorcross gear.
02 black-Lorna

EvilBetty

It stinks.  That TourMaster youth jacket is about the only street oriented piece of gear I've seen for kids.

Since then I've been looking almost exclusively at MX gear.  Pants and Knee/Shin armor are about all I have seen, but I'd really like her to have better abrasion protection and maybe some hip armor.