News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Complete gasket set - help

Started by BruKen, March 30, 2010, 03:01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruKen

I dont believe this. I phoned a Triumph dealership today. Very pleasant people, but there is no current stock of the complete gasket set (£127 all in) and instead was quoted prices of +- £95 quid for each of the gaskets. Same price for a head gasket as a clutch cover etc.

That would total up to near £400 for a itemised gasket set. Unbelieveable.

Anybody have any info / links to aftermarket / pirate what ever parts.

Even £127 is dear, but what's being offered is pure robbery. :evil:

Mustang

Bike Bandit

#27 Cylinder Head Gasket Kit $175 USD

#28 Complete engine kit $232 USD

don't forget o order a tube of hylomar to seal the liners in the block or it will suck coolant into the sump and the results are not pretty

this is one possible outcome of not sealing the liners

BruKen

oh my gosh, that does not look pretty :shock:

Thanks for the link :) . I'll give them a look see. Any in the UK at all? I am worried the customs rozzers going to slap big duty on that one and double the price. Still, better than £400ish.

Bixxer Bob

Ken, I'd give another branch a try such as : http://www.onyertriumph.net/
same price for everything just doesn't sound right.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

BruKen

Thanks Bob

I've been phoning around and they too would need to order from Triumph.

Better news is the dealer just called me back and said that Triumph are bringing new stock in and to call back at end of April. May have to park the engine rebuild to one side and start focusing on the chassis and suspension.

NeilD

have you tried Sprint...

http://www.triumphparts.gbr.cc/10442/in ... cat=203933

they do more stuff than listed on the website...
 :wink:

Sin_Tiger

Yup that's the price I have from Jack Lilley, there is a lot of kit in it mind you, including a set of valve guide seals.

I asked Sprint a while back and they said it would come from Triumph so no saving there.

I guess that's why my order seems to be parked, no stock.

Pray you don't need a waterpump 140 quid, or a top hose 47 quid or a clutch pack.............. I going for more kleenex  :cry:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

BruKen

Maybe we should have a drink and commiserate. Your garage or mine?

Sin_Tiger

I haven't got a garage out here, which is why I'm so grumpy, well OK it's just one of the reasons  :wink:

I can let you have a copy by email of the quote for all my bits if it's of any interest.

Last one back on the road buys the drinks  :friday You're in with a chance believe me  :lol:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

BruKen

MtheTiger

Called my dealer yesterday for some pricing:

Head gasket € 32,32
Airbox complete € 74,23
Inlet rubbers (3x) € 30
fuel tap € 104,82
oring set carbs € 54,00
RHS crankcase gasket € 8,59
-Only dead fish go with the flow-

97 Caspian blue

BruKen

Head gasket 32 Euros? The dealer here wants £95 odd pounds. You sure? Can you pass me on your dealers contact number so I can practise my dutch some.

Excuse spelling... Asseblief meneer, kan ek n kopgasket koop vir n paar engelse pennies?

MtheTiger

yeah I'm positive about the price of the gasket (valvecover that is).
Saturday I go to the dealer and I will ask them what alle the other gaskets cost.

checkout their url...
http://www.brabantmotors.nl/

they will send everything by mail and have a int.bankaccount number with IBAN/BIC codes so you can transfer money easily.

Some Dutch translations:

Valve cover: klepdeksel
Valve cover gasket: klepdeksel pakking
cilinder head gasket: cilinder kop-pakking
-Only dead fish go with the flow-

97 Caspian blue

BruKen

Thanks, will take a peek

(BTW I am a mad Saffer [South African] and so dont speak dutch, and I doubt they will understand my afrikaans as it's very gutteral kitchen dutch by comparison)

BruKen

Well Brabant dont carry stock either. Seems this is a world wide problem and Triumph has everyone over a barrel, grabbin their ankles while whistling Dixie. :?  

So, parking the engine up on the work bench until further notice. Bring out the fat lady gents.