News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Totally pi**ed off

Started by Geoff D, April 02, 2010, 01:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff D

Some of you might have read that I couldn't meet Kev on his ride on Tues because of my hospital visit, had a shoulder problem for 10 months now.
Well  :cry:  seems I've torn two of the muscles in there (supraspinatus & infraspinatus  :roll: ), anyway I hav to go in for surgery, which is ok but....
6 weeks in a sling when I come out & a further 8 weeks of rehabilitation, bugger.
Looks like my Norway trip is down the pan.
The older I get the faster I was...

Mustang

Get your arm healed and then plan for next year ..............
does suck though when plans fall thru due to unforeseen circumstances  :(

redbirds

Been there Geoff, surgery on both shoulders. Right in 2007 and left in 2008. Just make sure you do all the rehab and you'll be fine. Good luck...Just think of all the time you'll have on this forum while you heal. :occasion14
Living vicariously through myself.

harre

Sorry to hear that. Good news is that you now have more time to watch the World Cup in South Africa!

ArcticTiger

Oh, too bad! But the most important is to get your arm permanently healed, and your of course welcome to see us next year too!!
-09 Triumph Tiger 1050 blazing orange
-98 Triumph Tiger 900 british racing green
-06 Ducati Multistrada 1000 S DS red
-99 Moto Guzzi EV 11 Cali. (Wi, USA)
-00 Yamaha TT600R
You are allowed to have only one wife, but you can ride as many bikes as you want...

macgart

Sorry to hear about your shoulder.  Heal quickly.

I recently had my tour through the SW US truncated by my mother in law having a cardiac arrest.  I had to divert and help with taking care of things.   Over a week in ICU and looks like several more.  

I feel your pain.  Tomorrow is another day.
99 Tiger "Goldie"
The more I ride it, the more I love it!
http://www.johnnymacmotoadventures.com/

Sin_Tiger

Sad news that, keep your chin up and you can become the resident one armed farkler  :lol:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

kev w

Geoff, sorry to hear the news but hopefully the op then recovery you know where you stand with the injury and can re plan your trip.
As for the Tuesday...you didn't miss much to say the least in fog and heavy rain.
Kev
\'05 Tiger 955i
\'85 Honda XL600R

oxnsox

Take the time to better research all those places most of us want to ride... and then come down to NZ in your winter when you're right to travel  :lol:  :lol:
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Geoff D

Thanks for the kind words guys, got my date now, in for op on the 23rd April, definitely not looking forward to it  :roll: but will be glad when its over.
Trying to put as many miles on my new bike as I can before I'm laid up.

Geoff D

Quote from: "oxnsox"Take the time to better research all those places most of us want to ride... and then come down to NZ in your winter when you're right to travel  :lol:  :lol:

I wish ..... sigh

Anyway, haven't spent much time on here 'cos been out on the bikes at every available opportunity, work permitting....
Got loads of goodies (farkles) for the Tenere & also got Bruce's green queen back home, so loads of one armed farkling ....

How did that happen, managed to get down to one bike after years & years & now am back to 3 in a couple of weeks... :icon_scratch

One day to go, finishing work at lunchtime tommorrow to go for a final blast.... :(

Sin_Tiger

Enjoy Bro  :5moped

and get back to two arms soon, the tripple torque is too much for one arm  :lol:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Geoff D

Well didn't get out on me bike this afternoon  :roll: .

My little Border Terrier (see avatar) had a litter of pups on Tues, had to have a caesarian, anyway was up most of the night with her & had to dash to vets this morning, so had to stay at work all afternoon.

Then to cap it all I reversed my new car into a road sign.  :roll:  :evil:

Not having a good April

rxcoop

hint for the future.....switch hands half way thru.  balances out stresses !!!
07 Tiger1050 w/abs (ok, seeing a pattern..a black one)
<applicant for "Official Pharmacist of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame" (r)>

Sin_Tiger

That's three, it's got to get better  :new_popcornsmiley