News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

It's everything I'd hoped for, and MORE!

Started by tazshido, April 18, 2010, 07:17:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tazshido

ok, I finally flew out to California to take delivery of my 06 Girly. The seller made me take it on a 30+ mile ride that afternoon just to make sure I was happy with it. Ecstatic is more the descriptive I would use. :D  Not only does the bike run like it is new, but beyond the stuff I already knew came with it (touratech engine, oil cooler and radiator guards and Triumph Top box) but he also has done the twin relay high/low headlight mod (these things DO come stock with one high beam and one dip right?) It also has a Wolfman waterproof tank bag and he's custom wired it with two standard auto power outlets (also waterproofed) and I got all the original factory documents.
It's a dream come true for me. I may be dreaming small but after the year I've had, it's nice for something to have finally gone right.
I put about 500 miles on her the very first day. Costa Mesa CA to Ventura, then to Saugus (I think) and back to Ventura. After a visit with my daughter I pressed on to Fontana. This is THE bike for LA traffic. I was bobbin and weaving with the best of them. I'll add more in my ride report. I just had to post on the forum how happy I was about my purchase. :eusa_dance
Felis Tigris Argentum

Est non aevum, est loginquitas!
Semper Fidelis

Mustang

Quote from: "tazshido"but he also has done the twin relay high/low headlight mod (these things DO come stock with one high beam and one dip right?)...................................................................................................................................................I just had to post on the forum how happy I was about my purchase. :eusa_dance

USA Models have both lights from factory

congrats , shit eating grin is what commonly happens to new owners  :D  :D

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "tazshido"it's nice for something to have finally gone right.
:eusa_dance

Karma Dude  8)  :wings
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

EvilBetty

Making me want to fly out to San Diego for a 2008  :roll:
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "EvilBetty"Making me want to fly out to San Diego for a 2008  :roll:

It's a cracking bike for the price, $200 for a flight doesn't seem so much, plenty of people in the EU paying 10x that for a taxi just now  :shock:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint