News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Saying Hey From Indianapolis.

Started by Gungho1989, April 23, 2010, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gungho1989

Just pulled the trigger on an auction Ive been watching for days on Ebay.
 I finally found a Tiger I could swing the jack doe for. I will be picking it up here this weekend if all goes well.  Its supposed to rain but I do have a suite so a few hours in the rain may be a good way to get acquainted with the Tiger.

Ive been riding for alot of years and got my start on Triumphs due to my dads passion for the Brit bikes, he had a little bike shop he ran out of a Barn in the 70's 80's. I remember as a kid playing in the piles of Triumph BSA and Norton parts. On the side of the Garage were lines of frames and front ends, wish he still had the pile of parts would be worth something today I am sure.  When he finally tired of it he sold the whole lot to a guy for a song and dance some guy in Chicago got a helluv a deal.

I did the sport bike thing for a few years and then tried the HD thing out for a while but its gotten so cliche that it borders on nauseating.
 Now I feel like I am back where I belong as far as my Biking goes.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
"A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government strong enough to take everything you have" - Thomas Jefferson

aeronca

welcome aboard 8)  cant wait to see the tiger pic's.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Mustang

welcome aboard , The footpegs look very familiar  :D

with only 23 k on it it's still a baby and it's the fast color too !  8)

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "Mustang"welcome aboard , The footpegs look very familiar  :D

with only 23 k on it it's still a baby and it's the fast color too !  8)

Must be a Black Steamer then  :lol:

Congratulations and welcome, no cliche's around here ........... well maybe PVL coils, valve clearances .......... where's my jacket  :wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Gungho1989

thanks for the welcome gents.
 He had just installed the pegs had them for less than two weeks.

I'm hoping to have it this weekend,
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
"A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government strong enough to take everything you have" - Thomas Jefferson

Mustang

I don't think he owned the bike for very long either ....................about a month from what I can tell from his posts on here .

Gungho1989

Oh?
 I didn't realize he was a member here.  
 Ive been wondering about  the bike, just paranoid I guess, Ive never purchased anything that expensive sight unseen.
 I already have started a list of things to do with it when I get it home. It will be going straight in to the local shop for a good once over, then I have some items I am wanting to pick up for it.
 Im pretty stoked about getting on it this weekend, Were supposed to have Rain here all weekend but the heck with it I will dodge the raindrops.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

noivson

Ride it! then give a shout out to hook up and git into trouble :P
Ride More-Worry Less! \'05 Lucifer Orange \'S\'

Gungho1989

Picked the Tiger up today, trip was a nightmare, Suburban was having major issues but I pushed it on up to Northern Ill and picked up the Tiger.
 Got it back to NW Indiana to my folks house got the Suburban Squared away then went riding, a bit of it in the rain, I love this bike its like getting religion after so many years of Riding a Harley. The clouds parted and angels sang and all could hear was thew wind.  :D
  The Gentleman I got the Tiger off of was great, he gave me the opportunity to back out, (but I think secretly he was hoping I would.) But alas once she was fired up it was a sure thing the bike was going home.
 Tomorrow My Dad and I are going to get out and do some riding, he likes the bike as well but cannot get over the fact it doesn't meet his definition of a Triumph. " Doesn't sound like a Triumph." was his most common statement but I could see he wanted to take it for a spin. Maybe Tomorrow I will consider it, I'm nearly as touchy about my bikes as I am about my wife.

I am sure I will be bending your ears here looking for part,s pieces and advice, I am just glad  I ran into this site with all of its stellar members and great information.
 Thanks
Ron
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Gungho1989

I have a bit over 300 miles on it since I picked it up, been reading alot here trying to sort out what needs done and what doesn't.

I know I need to look into the forward control mod Mustang did on one of his, I am 6'2" and having such a rigid riding position gets uncomfortable.

Trying to get it into Triumph here in the next week or so for a once over,

My options seem limited on the service though and I am hoping that they will work on these without the Horror pricing that I have seen in other threads. If that does turn out to be the case I'll either look elsewhere or start tinkering myself.

My wife likes the Tigger as well. ( It must be a site seeing the two of us packed onto the Steamer.)  I'm of a mind to get her a bike when the funds are replenished for her to learn on then bring up to the Steamer. :o)
 She has expressed interest in learning as well as taking the local ABATE course.
Of course the shame of it would be that I would have to acquire a second. :o( truly.
  Ive heard there's a Green one rubbing around that has a very unhappy owner.   :wink:
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Gungho1989

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"Congratulations and welcome, no cliche's around here ........... well maybe PVL coils, valve clearances .......... where's my jacket  :wink:

Picked up a Jacket as well at the Trumpet dealer today they even had them in extra pudgy so I had to pick it up.  :) So now I'm Styling with the Jacket and a Free hat.
 The Valve clearance thing is something I am suspecting I need to be getting onto.
 I am hearing alot of Mechanical noise but have been assured by a couple of friends that these are relatively normal in this type of engine. My last Triumph was a 66 with Slash cut muffs. and about an inch of baffle.  :twisted: * Geeze that was alot of years ago. *

The Sad thing was when I asked the Parts guy if he could get me the hard bags he actually laughed!!
 :(
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ