News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

WTB Hard bags for 1995 Steamer.

Started by Gungho1989, April 29, 2010, 04:21:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gungho1989

Wanting to get a set of Black hard bags for my 1995 Steamer. I have been hunting high and low but as of yet no luck.
 Any help or leads would be greatly appreciated. I will also be needing the racks for mounting.  :oops:
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
"A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government strong enough to take everything you have" - Thomas Jefferson

Hittman

Good luck man. I've been looking for almost a year myself.  You can buy the hepco becker mounts and get their gobi bags.

http://www.eurotechmotorsports.com/forms/MyBike.cfm?do=detail&q_part=650.733%2000%2001

Sin_Tiger

Do a search, there is soem good infor around. I ended up getting some custom racks made, not 100% happy with them, I may mod them when I get her back on the road  :new_popcornsmiley
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Gungho1989

Kinda what I was thinking. I have been reading up on the scarcity of them, I would like to get my hands on a Factory set and fab up some from the OEM specs.  I work at a place where I have access to some of the worlds best tool and die guys along with machinists. Just have to be subtle.  8)
  From what I could gather the 93-98's are all basically the same?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
"A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government strong enough to take everything you have" - Thomas Jefferson

Mustang

Quote from: "Gungho1989"From what I could gather the 93-98's are all basically the same?
yep  all the steamers were the same with very minute changes to some things over the years  but the OEM Givi racks were just Givi Wingracks that had mounts made to fit the tiger and the bags are just standard Givi E36n bags

I will take some pics of the givi rack on the wife's tigger and get them posted for you tomorrow ........

Gungho1989

Outstanding I will give them a look for sure!!
 Again thanks
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Bixxer Bob

Just to add to Mustang's Givi comment, one of the reasons I went for Givi in the early days was that you buy a set of boxes and a wingrack that they hang from, then a fitting kit for your particular bike.  That way, when you sell on, all you have to buy the next time is the fitting kit.  And, considering they are Italian and their kit is top quality, the prices aren't bad either.

The other thing that impressed me was the quality and rigidity of the wingrack, it's cast alloy components and the steelwork.  I was buying for the Blackbird at the time and the last thing you want is 50-60lbs of luggage waving round behind you at 100mph. (Cruising in europe of course, not the uk).
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...