News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Radiator Cap

Started by RT, May 01, 2010, 09:35:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RT

Getting ready to flush the coolant soon.  I know there is much talk of problems with the Tiger stock Rad Cap.    Do most dump it and go to the Stant 10227 I see listed in the sub parts?
Whatever it is, it\'s better in the wind.  ~Author Unknown

Mustang

no the stant cap doesn't seal good it's not long enuff , it will work in a pinch but you are better off with OEM, some have had problems with the stant cap not sealing the radiator neck good

RT

thanks Mustang, will stick with the oem
Whatever it is, it\'s better in the wind.  ~Author Unknown

macgart

Mustang is dead on.  The Stant DOES NOT WORK.  I found out the hard way.  Switched back to OEM and no problems in 6,000 miles/1.5 months.
99 Tiger "Goldie"
The more I ride it, the more I love it!
http://www.johnnymacmotoadventures.com/

blacktiger

My OE one lasted to 58000 miles and 8 years. I replaced it with another OE which for £13 was no more expensive than any other one that might fit.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

cdubya

Just experienced this myself.  Read a prior thread regarding the stant cap.  Bought one but wasn't happy with the fit.  Felt loose with very little spring loaded pressure when tightening which I felt would not seal properly.  Planning on taking it back and sticking with the OEM cap unless anyone has found another replacement.
CW
06 Girly

EvilBetty

:x

This isn't fixed on the 1050 either.  Mine just went.  Tiger took a little wee wee on the garage floor after I parked it and began stripping gear.

There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD