News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tyre Fitting

Started by moose, May 04, 2010, 04:29:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moose

How much should one be paying to have tyres fitted and balanced at a garage, im not feeling up to tryin it myself this time but dont wanna get ripped off.

What is the average going price in the UK, front, rear and balance.
If it makes a difference I'm in Chehsire

Thanks

rf9rider

We have a chap in a van comes round and does it at home or work, charges £20 per wheel.
I have heard the local dealers charge around £40/£50 per wheel.

Chris Canning

Your asking how long is a piece of string!!,the guy who has supplied you tyres will do it a dam site cheaper than the guy who you've just told that you have bought tyres else were can you fit e'm,it's ok buying on the net and posted to your home,if you haven't got a good contact for fitting it's a false economy.

Bixxer Bob

+1 on Chris

Quote from: "rf9rider"We have a chap in a van comes round and does it at home or work, charges £20 per wheel.

Nick by any chance?
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

rf9rider

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"+1 on Chris

Quote from: "rf9rider"We have a chap in a van comes round and does it at home or work, charges £20 per wheel.

Nick by any chance?

Yup.  :)

moose

QuoteYour asking how long is a piece of string!!,the guy who has supplied you tyres will do it a dam site cheaper than the guy who you've just told that you have bought tyres else were can you fit e'm,it's ok buying on the net and posted to your home,if you haven't got a good contact for fitting it's a false economy.

Well, thats exactly what I did, bought them from the internet, of course I was not expecting an exact price, but at least if get a few ball park figures, then when I ask around I will know if it reasonable or not  :wink:

QuoteWe have a chap in a van comes round and does it at home or work, charges £20 per wheel.

Thanks  :D