News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

From Motorcyclist

Started by EvilBetty, May 11, 2010, 08:08:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvilBetty

2010 and Beyond...

*Web article seems to indicate this was printed in February.
http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/featu ... index.html

Quote from: "June 2010 issue of Motorcyclist"That was the crux of Kennedy's keynote address at the recent Triumph U.S. Dealer Conference in Orlando, Florida. Kennedy showed dealers a concept drawing of a new, more off road-oriented Tiger

I've looked and I can't find this sketch anywhere.
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

Bixxer Bob

I for one would like to see a modern version of the old Trophy tourer.  I need a pillion-friendly two-up mile-cruncher to replace the 'Bird and the Tiger.  I've been looking at the 1400 Kwak GTR,  the 1300 FJR Yam and the BMW 1300GT.  None of them are exactly what I'm looking for but I'd take any of those models  if it had a Triumph badge on the tank.

My ideal Trophy would have grunt close to the 'Bird so around 150bhp, handle well enough for a bit of spirited riding when the roads are twisty, shaft drive, 3-box luggage, heated grips and a pillion seat somewhere near a Goldwing (since she sat in the armchair that is a Goldwing pillion, nothing else measures up).  Remote suspension adjustment would be more important than ABS and traction control, although that would be a nice-to-have.  And an adjustable screen would be nice.

I'll wake up anytime now.. :roll:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

There is an article in VisorDown this month in which the journo outlines what he expects to see according to comments from Hinckley.

I was at my local dealer, only one for two thousand km's, and managed to get him talking on the hope of me buying a bike from him  :wink: and he started talking.

He was at a triumph convention/briefing recently and says he was told and shown pics of the new Tiger Cub. Says it's definately going to be an 800cc triple with two variants, road and off road. He reckoned from the pics he saw it looked more like a Girly than the current Roadie and was told it had the upper hand in all departments against the F800GS. They also confirmed that the new 1200cc triple is going into the upgraded version of the Roadie as well as the new Sprint and Trophy.

This is getting interesting  :shock:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

EvilBetty

There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

Bixxer Bob

I'm holding off buying a new tourer now until I hear more about the new Trophy  :roll:  

Hang on,  I could trade the 'Bird and the Tiger and get an 800 Tiger and a 1200 Trophy... :D
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"I'm holding off buying a new tourer now until I hear more about the new Trophy  :roll:  

Hang on,  I could trade the 'Bird and the Tiger and get an 800 Tiger and a 1200 Trophy... :D

i got an email today from Triumph about this......

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/ ... cn-may-19/

so things are startin to appear !!

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

oxnsox

BB.   Now you're thinking....

Damn Kenny, zooming on that page gives me nothing, will have to wait till I get next months issue of MSL in the post as it will probably have it's own story.
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

KuzzinKenny

In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Sin_Tiger

.......... and this in the flesh, note Triumph's own comment lower down  :lol:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint