News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Rear Shock Setting

Started by tett, May 14, 2010, 02:51:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tett

OK, I have only had my Girly since last October and I did not change the rear shock setting which was pretty well all the way to 5 (stiff).  For fun I have moved it back to about the middle to see what the ride would be like.  Have not tried this yet as it is too cold and wet.

What do you guys set yours to?  I would guess stiffer for asphault and two up riding.  Any other recommendations for specific types of riding?

Cheers!

tett
98 Valkyrie
71 Commando
06 Tiger

walker

there is also the damping adjustment (I Think just for rebound?). Little adjustment screw at the base of the shock near where it attaches to the rear swingarm.... I just set the rear preload (which is what you did) so that I have a few inches of static sag (well, 30-40mm). So it depends on how the bike is loaded.