News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

new kid in town

Started by jafsteph, May 15, 2010, 08:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jafsteph

:D  Hi all just bought my self a black 97" tiger just been reading this fantastic site on steamers and hey ever guess what i've got broken a little bolt in the altinator managed to get myself a new altinator and i am going to repair my old one. valve seems to be OK cleaned my carbs just my pilot screws were 3 turns out now set at 1 3/4  hope my plugs may run better as they were very sutty. new airfilter coolent change and oil change looking forward to getting out.
 :occasion14

Mustang

welcome aboard

black is the fastest color  8)

please fill out your profile so we know what side of the big pond you are on  :?:

Bob Tosi

Black is definately not the fastest color, green is!  Hey welcome from one new guy to another.
Don't ever sell a Steamer !Steamers Rule!"

Mustang

black is the fastest .......British Racing Green is the one that breaks all the time ...oh wait that's the green ninja bastard  bike  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser

nightrunner

Welcome to the Tiger den.  You broken bolt is DAR (dreaded alternator rattle).  It will happen again unless you use some JB Weld or Loctite potting compound or similar on the splines of the alt shaft.  The cush drive jiggles a tiny bit and ever so slowly gets tighter until the bolt breaks.  

You'll love the bike but it does have its.......personality.
Scott

Seeking adventure and peril

Sin_Tiger

You nightfighters might be fast but Blue is still ths coolest  :P

Congratulations & welcome.  :D
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

BruKen

Hi and welcome from another noobie too.

Decisions, decisions, Black, blue, green. I think I am going to paint YAPI pink and say I am the prettiest :twisted:

aeronca

Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

JetdocX

Welcome aboard!  British Racing Green is the fastest color, though. :wink:

Quote from: "Mustang"black is the fastest .......British Racing Green is the one that breaks all the time ...oh wait that's the green ninja bastard  bike  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser

I'm so very happy to provide hours of entertainment based on my Steamer misfortunes.  I truly hope your mileage varies.
From parts unknown.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "BruKen"I think I am going to paint YAPI pink and say I am the prettiest :twisted:

I'll send you some Hello Kitty stickers to go with that  :wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Geoff D

Quote from: "BruKen"Decisions, decisions, Black, blue, green. I think I am going to paint YAPI pink and say I am the prettiest :twisted:

You can't paint it green bruce, you used it all up on this effin Tenere  :wink:

Oh and forget about meetin in Hawes if yer paint it pink  :ImaPoser
The older I get the faster I was...

offtheback

Black IS the BEST and FASTEST. They never see you coming and then they are left looking at the tail light thinking.. wtf.. !

Welcome!
Cheers,
Greg

96 Tiger (some farkles)

"It\'s not tragic to die doing what you love!"  Patrick Swaze as Bodie in Point Break