News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2001 Tiger - Tyler, Texas **SOLD**

Started by DaJudge, May 15, 2010, 10:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaJudge

With my '07 FRJ1300 in the stable for the past year, the Tiger is now an "extra bike" that takes up garage space, so it's time for it to get a new home where it will be ridden.

I've had it since Nov. 2008 and put about 4500 miles on it since then (total today is 37,647). I checked and adjusted the valves (only 2 exhaust were slightly out of spec) and changed plugs/fuel filter at 35,000 miles. As per the original owner, the chain/front sprocket were replaced at 30k. I have run Shell RotellaT synthetic in it the whole time.  The Tiger has always been a Texan.

I added a KnightRiderz brake flasher on the rear as well as a pair of Stebel Magnum horns (which are a huge improvement over stock). It has had Thunderbike crash bars on it since new. The ECU has the Triumph off-road (smoother) program and I installed the O2 sensor disconnect gizmo to compliment that. I also upgraded the gas line connectors (both lines, female and male) to the excellent metal ones sold by Team Triumph. I've put Emgo mirrors on it as well.

Rear tire is a Battlax BT-021 radial with about 2k miles on it and at about 80%. The front is a Meztler Tourance down to about 35-40%.

The Tiger picked up some cosmetic damage last fall when my son took an unintentional off-road excursion with it (and I discovered then just how darn good those beastly Thunderbike crash bars really are). I replaced the front fairing (which got busted), put my summer windscreen on it to replace the Givi, replaced the handle bar (the left end got slightly bent), and had to fix/refinish one of the side case lids. I prepped and sprayed both case lids with Duplicolor truck bed liner which turned out very nicely. The rider's part of the saddle has a small tear (about 1-1/2") since from before I bought it. I never notice it since I've always used a pad or bead seat. It has heated grips, but they aren't working.

Whoever buys the Tiger will also get 1) the seat pad you see in the pics, 2) whatever chain wax and other misc stuff I have that I don't use on the FJR, 3) the hand guards that I removed for the summer, and 4) the Battery Tender Jr. that I use for this bike. I have clear Texas title. It does need the registration renewed and inspection sticker. I had let the insurance lapse since it wasn't being ridden and you need that to get your tags renewed or an inspection in TX.

First $2750 cash takes it.  I don't need to sell, but some extra $$ to do some suspension upgrades to the FJR later this year would make things go much more smoothly with the wife of my youth if I pay for that kind of stuff (plus an upcoming scuba trip) this way.

Hemibee

I'm the proud new owner of DaJudge's Tiger.

Here she is headed to the house...
2004 KTM 450 EXC
2001 Triumph Tiger (Gone)
2013 Triumph Tiger 800XC

"Male menopause is a lot more fun than female menopause. With female menopause you gain weight and get hot flashes. Male menopause - you get to date young girls and drive motorcycles."  John Wayne

Yukon

Congrats on the new purchase.  Looks like she has been well taken care of.