News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger kills pigeon

Started by daveb, May 18, 2010, 08:56:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daveb

picture the scene, about 6:30am on my way to work this morning at a nice and safe speed, the road is lines with hedgerow and trees, when a pigeon fly out out the hedge straight into my path, it glanced off the front screen in an explosion of feathers.

4 thoughts raced through my head
1st thought was this is going to hurt. but supprisingly how soft and spoongy a pigeon is, not a thud.
2nd thought was whats damaged
3rd thought is it stuck onto the bike, wow how cool will the photos be :grin
4th and final thought.....oh bugger my action camera is in my top.

no damage, just bird shit and greasy marks on my screen. the most upsetting thing is I washed the bike last night

Pigeon skidmarks

3 different bikes I have owned and 3 birds I have killed. on a 600 bandit a thrush flew out of a hedge and him me in the shoulder. The TDM850 I found a thrush roasting on top of the engine and now pigeon

Nick Calne

Woooo close call! Maybe it's your lucky day.  Get a Lotto ticket?

As for our avian friends, it's pheasants I hate.  Big enough to take you off the bike.  Stupid enough to flap 4 feet off the ground and get in the way.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

daveb

we are lucky over here, one of the guys on the TDM owners hit a Roo last week in OZ.

http://www.carpe-tdm.net/ipb/index.php?showtopic=17178

JetdocX

We have wild turkey and pheasants all over the place around here.  Had a code brown turkey moment a week before Thanksgiving. :shock:  So glad I was able to duck down far enough to miss.
From parts unknown.

daveb

Quote from: "JetdocX"We have wild turkey and pheasants all over the place around here.  Had a code brown turkey moment a week before Thanksgiving. :shock:  So glad I was able to duck down far enough to miss.

wow, wild turkey, pheasants and Duck, it must be like living at a shooting range  :D

JetdocX

Sorry, that post was rather fowl. 8)
From parts unknown.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "daveb"1st thought was this is going to hurt. but supprisingly how soft and spoongy a pigeon is, not a thud.

It's only the deep fried ones that are the problem  :lol:

QuoteSorry, that post was rather fowl. Cool

We won't Grouse about it  :wink: [/quote]
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

daveb

It's only the deep fried ones that are the problem  :lol

KFC to go

Poultry in motion

now this thread is dangerously spirling out of control like a dead duck falling from the sky. or a dead pigeon bouncing of my screen  :D

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "daveb"Poultry in motion

:ImaPoser  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser

Top that JD :wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

TheMule

Wow, this thread is for the birds..........
Todd

2001 Roulette Green Tiger -

http://tigertriple.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5825

Bixxer Bob

I had a pigeon stowaway last August.  Never made it home though..

http://tigertriple.com/forum/viewtopic. ... highlight=
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

JetdocX

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"

I got nuthin'.  You win!  I'm not feeling very pun-ny today. :P
From parts unknown.

daveb

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"I had a pigeon stowaway last August.  Never made it home though..

http://tigertriple.com/forum/viewtopic. ... highlight=

I was told it could have been a racing pigeon, I replied it should have flow faster, then it wouldn't have hit me.

daveb

Quote from: "JetdocX"
Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"

I got nuthin'.  You win!  I'm not feeling very pun-ny today. :P

wahoo, I win.. when I was typing it i thought it was Egg-sir-lent.

KuzzinKenny

Egg-sir-lent ??   :shock: !! you gota be yokein !!  :ImaPoser

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly