News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger kills pigeon

Started by daveb, May 18, 2010, 08:56:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Calne

It's certainly nothing to crow about....
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

John Stenhouse

What's all the flap about?
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

daveb

Its all one big Yoke  :D

coachgeo

aren't you guys just getting a little too
eggsighted
:shock:
:roll:
:lol:
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

Nick Calne

No, just behaving like tits.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

JetdocX

This thread has now become the booby hatch. :roll:
From parts unknown.

daveb

Quote from: "nickcalne"No, just behaving like tits.

Egg-sactley  :lol:

I was very lucky, after the pigeon hit the Tiger I could have gone for some Tweetment.

John Stenhouse

I suppose when it hit you feathered the throttle?
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Geoff D

You all think this is a hoot..sounds very cheep to me  :roll:
The older I get the faster I was...

daveb

bit bigger than a pigeon, but I managd to catch the bird on camera

Bixxer Bob

It's three years since our neighbour Ian died after hitting a pigeon with his face.  I never really understood how that could kill him until going to Silverstone early on Sunday morning, I hit a sparrow at around 70mph.  It hit just at the top of my visor - one hell of a bang, some feathers and a cricked neck.  A pigeon I don't want to contemplate. :roll:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

JetdocX

Well no wonder.  You were on the wrong side of the road.  The poor seagull was looking the other way. :lol:
From parts unknown.

daveb

daveb

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"It's three years since our neighbour Ian died after hitting a pigeon with his face.  I never really understood how that could kill him until going to Silverstone early on Sunday morning, I hit a sparrow at around 70mph.  It hit just at the top of my visor - one hell of a bang, some feathers and a cricked neck.  A pigeon I don't want to contemplate. :roll:

Sorry to hear about your neighbour,

I got hit in the shoulder chest once by a thrush that few out of the hedge, I was travelling about 50mph,  thought I had broken my ribs, or puncutred a lung, but I was just winded.
The force was enough to rip my hand off the clutch side of the bars.

coachgeo

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"It's three years since our neighbour Ian died after hitting a pigeon with his face....
Sorry to hear about neighbor.  For learning purposes... do you know any more detail of what took his life, the head thrown back by projectile pigeon, hitting the ground after being ripped of the bike by force of pigeon, or loosing control of the bike and then crashing?  

What was he wearing in general?  Full, half or no ATGATT?, Helmet or no helmet, ???

My condolences to his family.  Life randomly deals hard blows to good and bad equally.
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)