News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger kills pigeon

Started by daveb, May 18, 2010, 08:56:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

The impact with the pigeon broke his visor and his neck.  He then ran off the road.  It's possible it was running off the road that broke his neck, but the view of the accident investigation officer was it was the bird.  He was wearing all the gear - full leathers, gloves boots and full-face helmet.

His workmate and my workshop manager died three weeks later after colliding with a car - but that was his bad judgement, no-one else to blame.  Again, ATGATT, but nothing's going to help you at the speed he was doing.  We lost 4 men and one woman in a little over 18 months around then.

Latest incident was a friend of a friend at the TT.  Hit a car and had his arm severed at the shoulder.  Unlucky, but lucky that the next two bikes were a paramedic and a neuro-surgeon.  the surgeon followed on to hospital and spend 11 hrs stitching him back together.  Hope is for 50-60% of normal use.

But enough gloom, the sun is shining and I'm going camping :)
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

93TigerBill

Not exactly Tiger related, but an acquaintance in Queensland, Oztralia, hit a Wedgetail Eagle with a GoldWing - brought the 'bike down, and totalled it!
Rider lucky with only sctrached ATGATT, and a few bruises.  Didn't swerve or lock-up, just hit it straight on.
They're bloody big birds.......
Bill
FarRider
Bill  IBA# 45911
Newcastle, Australia
\'93 Tiger Caspian Blue
130,000 km & counting!

Nick Calne

on a lighter note i once hit a pheasant in the car at 60ish. It hit the windscreen and shot up really high into the air. It then came down nearly vertically from maybe 100 feet on to the following car's bonnet. The driver nearly cacked himself as from his perspective it was raining dead pheasants. The thought of watching him swerve around in my rear view mirror still makes me laugh.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

daveb

I know a guy in OZ who recently hit and killed a Roo with his TDM850 MKI

daveb

would you believe it, on my way to work this morning, another feathered friend decided to take its own life by bouncing off the Tiger, this time it was a small brown bird possible a thrush, deffinately not as big as the pigeon, however it was almost the same area of road. this time it hit the side of the bike low down.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "daveb"I know a guy in OZ who recently hit and killed a Roo with his TDM850 MKI

Guess he bored it to death  :lol: sorry couldn't resist  :wink:

Wasn't wearing a scarf on the way back from Phuket, took it off when I got soaked, had to pull over when I got hit in the neck by what looked like a cricket, it was 10 mins before I could utter F%^$ that hurt.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

daveb

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"
Quote from: "daveb"I know a guy in OZ who recently hit and killed a Roo with his TDM850 MKI

Guess he bored it to death  :lol: sorry couldn't resist  :wink:

Wasn't wearing a scarf on the way back from Phuket, took it off when I got soaked, had to pull over when I got hit in the neck by what looked like a cricket, it was 10 mins before I could utter F%^$ that hurt.

:lol:

have a read of Materbrewer's adventure

http://www.carpe-tdm.net/ipb/index.php? ... l=kangaroo

Sin_Tiger

I was being a trifle unkind, apparently the Mk1's were made of sterner stuff.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

daveb

sin Tiger, dont worry I am all up for banter, what did you think of his right up, he has now rebuilt the less the Roo.

I think he is also on Adv rider forum too.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "daveb"sin Tiger, dont worry I am all up for banter, what did you think of his right up, he has now rebuilt the less the Roo.

I think he is also on Adv rider forum too.

I liked reading it, it was entertaining, unassuming and the grammar was decent, old school!