News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Silly boy sunday riders!!

Started by Timbox2, May 23, 2010, 06:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbox2

Thanks for all the feedback guys, yeah, maybe the missus will come round but as I said, shes never really been into bikes anyway.

Sammy Millers was great, almost had the place to myself apart from a few Dutch and French riders who'd come over for a looksee.
Jeez, glad I had the sport screen on and i was still  a bit too hot, lovely part of the country mind, though Im not sure its that good for biking in general what with all the ponies about :shock:

What a difference a day makes, saw quite a few bikes on the way and back, very few sports bikes, all the twats were in tin boxes today :lol:  apart from maybe one on an Orange Tiger :wink:
2016 Tiger Sport

outrunner

I hear what you are saying Timbox2 and have to agree. For that reason I tend to travel on the scenic twisty,bumpy, single track back roads which are not in favour with the power rangers. I count myself lucky to live in Scotland where such roads abound.  :)

Andy.
Every day above ground is a good day!

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "iansoady"...except can't agree with Bixxer Bob that danger is what makes riding exciting -....

Maybe that didn't come across the way it was meant.  riding bikes is dangerous but exciting in the way that jumping with a paracute you packed yourself is dangerous but exciting - the jump is inherently dangerous, but you know it's packed right so you've relied on your own skill and judgement to minimise the risk.  The pleasure is the confidence in your own ability to cope with whatever comes your way; but the stakes are high - get it wrong and it's gonna hurt, big time.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

Quoteapart from maybe one on an Orange Tiger Wink
:ImaPoser

Thanks for the tip about Sammy Millers Museum, I had no idea.

He was a bit of a boyhood hero having been succesful in both track and field and I particularly connected with his experience with Ariel. I've put that one on my must visit list.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

oxnsox

QuoteI tend to travel on the scenic twisty,bumpy, single track back roads which are not in favour with the power rangers
Theres plenty of them in the New Forrest too, but as Tim says theres also quite a bit of random stock.... In fact the only thing there is a distinct lack of in The New Forrest is trees.(As a Kiwi I had a hard time getting my head round that one)
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Midnight Rambler

Strangely, as someone New Forest born and bred (Burley, a favourite tourist honeypot) I could never get away from the place fast enough!
Its not the power rangers you have to look out for, its Uncle Bert and auntie Doris spending more time looking at the scenery and ponies than at the road or the oncoming motorcycle.
Having said that, it is pretty and my best advice is get a good map, park up and walk.  Most of the Groggles (tourists) cant stray more than 100yds from their cages and you will soon find yourself alone.
I will count myself very lucky with the ballast, she loves the pillion. Says its like being on holiday, nothing to do but watch the scenery and ponder the meaning of life and why the  Tiger pillion isn't longer (that'll be my fat arse then.)
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
― Hunter S. Thompson

jphish

Hmmm - Guess i'm lucky... or spoiled. My wife pilots her own ST1300 (doesnt trust my 2 up skills due to me propensity for attraction to dirt roads) and we get to ride paved roads, that on weekdays, ya may commonly only see a car every 5 mins or so. The extreme is some of our western US & Northern Canada secondary Hiways - my brother and I only saw a car every half hour or so. YIPPIE. On the flip side - got caught in Los angeles traffic on Hwy 101 mid day - 4 hours to make 50 miles!! Just depends on where and when ya are. But one thing for sure is... the hiways & byways aint getting any LESS crowded. And an aging population in Buicks & use of cell phones (in spite of the laws against use while driving) have only made it more dangerous. Be carefull out there!

ourade

Count yourself lucky Timbox, last summer a workmate was riding in Mid Wales, as he approached a bend 3 eeeeejits on sports bikes decided to overtake, bike 1 and 2 made it past before the bend, but bike 3 attempted to overtake entering the bend.
The overtaking rider realised he was going to fast, so he braked, the bike sat up, he crossed the centre line and hit a car coming the other way the bike then bounced back across the road and wiped out my workmate.
My workmate suffered a broken leg and arm as well as his bike being written off.
Cheers Ade.

Advwannabe

Unfortunately its the same here in Oz Timbox, riding is getting more and more popular with 'born again' bikers riding bikes they haven't a clue about.

I'm a bit fed up with being held up in the corners by sportsbikes when my wife and I are two up on the Tiger!

So while I agree with you about the young blokes, 40+ people area part of the problem too.

I hope you are able to convince your wife to have another go, preferably midweek.

Cheers
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

Bob Tosi

There's complete idiots on our side of the pond also.  I continually see people coming up on me to fast and think "oh crap, here we go".  It's like you have to have super radar and your spider senses in high gear all the time.  Still love to ride though.  I try to not drive too fast when it's not appropriate and be as careful as I can but oh man people just dont pay attention.
Don't ever sell a Steamer !Steamers Rule!"

Jaythro

Hey Gang Here BE Tigger RoadsDo ya see any Power Rangers?

few folks but mostly locals So nice to be on the back roads and leave the faster stuff to the Saggy leather bum brigade  :D

Nick Calne

Nice shots Jay.  8)

Well, on the very day this thread was first posted I had just enjoyed a big loop round Wiltshire.  Some off road, some on.  Glorious sunny day.  Here have a photo...

... and  I was on my way back when the road was closed just before Avebury on a notorious set of s-bends.  (Berwick Bassett for those that know the road)  Sports biker had crashed badly, ambulances, police the lot.

Passed the spot again today and the yellow fatal accident witness appeal boards were up.  I was in the car and within one hundred yards of that spot some dork in a bomber jacket on a gsxr 750  wheelied past at god knows what speed.

:BangHead
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Advwannabe

Good advice folks,

Where we have just moved ( Canberra, Oz) theere is a great network of gravel roads taking in some spectacualr scenery.

I've yet to see a revenue collector or a sportbike on them
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180