News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Best Lever/Handguard combo?

Started by Bagheera, May 27, 2010, 01:16:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bagheera

Hi, stark raving Tiger newbie here.  I know this subject has been done to death, but having searched this thread quite a bit I've yet to find a conclusive answer to the question:
On an '05 Tiger, what's the best combination of adjustable levers and handguards that do not require cutting a hole in the guard?
It doesn't seem Pazzo makes one for the 05s and not sure which levers the 1150GS handguards will cover. If you've found a good combo for an 05 Girly, please let me know...

Thanks!
Dean
Presently: 2005 Tiger, 2005 Monster S2R
formerly: 1999 R1100S, 1996 R850R,  1972 350 Scrambler, 1966 Schwinn

jonathan jaecks

I put the thread in farkles...pm me if you have any questions.  But you can get Pazzo levers for your 05' but if you want hand guards you will not be able to use the stockers.  Feel free to PM me if you have any questions not covered in the thread.

http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,7737

LTB

I have the Tiger 1050 handguards on my Girly and the fit is very good
with just a few small mods. I have an aftermarket adjustable brake lever.
Ebay cheapest :-).
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FRONT-BRAKE-LEVER-TRIUMPH-TRIPLE-900-DAYTONA-955i-/260485120066?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item3ca61f8042

I had to dremel some holes in the OEM handguards but the 1050 guards clears the lever easily.
I have to say I like the look better with 1050 guards than with the 1150GS ones.
/Thomas

Triumph Tiger 955i -01 Roulette Green

"There\'s no off position on the genious switch"

liddell

Quote from: "LTB"I have the Tiger 1050 handguards on my Girly and the fit is very good
with just a few small mods.

I had to dremel some holes in the OEM handguards but the 1050 guards clears the lever easily.

can we have a pic of the 1050 guards on the Girly??? Please  :wink:
Jas Liddell
Triumph Tiger 2002 955i (Black)
www.liddell.com.au

walker

if you're going to do the 1050 guards, you can also get the 2007 and up clutch lever assembly, and the lever from a 2007 T-100 bonneville.... of course, that's pricey.... the bonneville brake lever is $50 and the clutch perch + lever for the 2007 and up is around $70. You'll probably need the 1050 cable, which can be routed differently and has a straight end on the engine side.

Your mirror will bolt right up to that perch. Funny - triumph is going back to that assembly for almost everything now.... even the new bonnevilles and scramblers have the mirror mount like the 2007 and up tiger.

I did this, but just don't use the guards at all. Much nicer lever and clutch feel. Plus, it's OEM parts that are more current than the bike :)

LTB

Here's my Tiger on the way home yesterday.
The guards add some turbulence at high speed (140km/h+)
but I'm going to try mirror extensions as it's the flow
that is deflected by the mirrors that is the problem.
/Thomas

Triumph Tiger 955i -01 Roulette Green

"There\'s no off position on the genious switch"

liddell

so the 1050 hand guards, are they just plastic or re-enforced with metal down the centre????
Jas Liddell
Triumph Tiger 2002 955i (Black)
www.liddell.com.au