News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Noob in Southern California

Started by gatordoc, June 01, 2010, 05:29:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gatordoc

Hey all,

Just wanted to pop in and introduce myself; I just recently purchased my first triumph, a '96 Tiger.  She's a little rough around the edges, but runs good and with a little love should be tip-top in no time.  Since everyone likes pictures here ya' go:

She was originally red, but the paint was looking pretty ragged so I did a quick re-color over the weekend.  I'll see how it holds up and if I like the color I'll re-do it the right way (i.e. not rattle-can).

I have been doing some other basic baseline maintenance since I got it, currently I am working on changing out the fork oil.  Had a few questions about it, but I'll go ahead and post them in the Steamer section.

Cheers!
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

\'96 Steamer
\'11 800

Sin_Tiger

Welcome, always nice to see another Steamer.

That is definately a unique colour / color scheme, there just has to be a story behind that  :new_popcornsmiley
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

gatordoc

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"That is definately a unique colour / color scheme, there just has to be a story behind that  :new_popcornsmiley

Not a terribly interesting one, I'm afraid.  I am just a big fan of older utilitarian vehicles, one of the things that attracted me to the Steamer in the first place.  I also happen to be a Marine, so the military style drab paint is a good fit for me and I think it suits the tiger pretty well, too.  Chose the desert tan over olive drab since most of my time overseas, aside from 6 months in Okinawa, has been spent in a desert environment.

Thanks for the welcome!

\'96 Steamer
\'11 800

aeronca

dude, welcome aboard. you  got a little diamond in the ruff. looks good bro. cant wait to see some more pic's. now you need a high fender :P .
    eric
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

gatordoc

Quote from: "aeronca"dude, welcome aboard. you  got a little diamond in the ruff. looks good bro. cant wait to see some more pic's. now you need a high fender :P .
    eric

Thanks bro, though right now she's a 10 footer at best; when I get the time I'll take my time and paint 'er right, but this works for now.

High fender is on my to-do list, right after braided stainless brake lines, fork rebuild, rear shock rebuild, bark busters, K&N air filter, etc, etc...

Right now I am focusing on baselining all the preventative maintenance stuff so I know where she's at with respect to reliability.  I also want to get used to how stock feels before I make any changes so I don't end up regretting something later, got that -shirt long ago.  Farkles will come after I get back from deployment next March/April and have a little more money to spend.

\'96 Steamer
\'11 800

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "gatordoc"aside from 6 months in Okinawa, has been spent in a desert environment.

Thanks for the welcome!

Come to think of it, it does remind me of the SAS Land Rover desert pink, they were known as Pinkies not unsurprisingly  :roll:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint