News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Carbs

Started by Legsy, June 05, 2010, 02:47:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legsy

Hi everyone and thanks. Don't know if anyone can help with this one please....I've just got Tiger 1997 been stood for a few years it was just about running when I got it. Only done less than 5K, anyway fitted new plugs cleaned out tank removed carbs cleaned and refitted trouble is it will not rev at all even with choke out exhaust manifolds will glow if I run for it to long which I know can only a very lean mixture or retarded timing. If I spray petrol or brake cleaner or easy start behind the carbs and open the throttle it revs fine!!! Checked and cleaned small filter as fuel enters the carbs floats are fine and correct hight, emulsion tube and needle spotless...Help!!!
Sweet FA

Mustang

it aint gonna run right till you put the airbox and filter back on ................. :roll: