News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Fuel gauge reading empty when full?

Started by JTT, June 11, 2010, 01:54:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: "JTT"Oh and the self sealing connectors?  yeah, well they pissed fuel all over the place  :evil:

You`ll need a couple of these.........

http://www.triumph-online.co.uk/triumph ... 1611-p.asp

if there`s any plastic fuel fittings in they`re, do yerself a favour and change them now its apart !!

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

JTT

The fittings I have are plastic at the tank, but alloy at the hose end.  A little cleaning and they seem to seal fine...at least for the time being.

Well, after taking everything apart, measuring the resistance on the sender and reassembling....low and behold, the gauge is working again!  

Although oddly I'm getting minimal voltage to the battery.  Normally 14.4V at idle, now under 12V.  Put the battery on charge for the night and will recheck connectors in the morning.
2003 955i Tiger
2005 KLR
1970 T100C

JTT

All fixed.  The ground from the "Sasquatch" fix got pushed aside (teach me to do stuff like this when exhausted after a very long week).  Reconnected and all is back to good!  Gauge still working too!

Thanks guys, for the input!  This is a great place and I can see I'll be spending a lot of time here  :wink:
2003 955i Tiger
2005 KLR
1970 T100C