News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

oohhoohhoo EbayUK is a very baaad place

Started by Gungho1989, June 19, 2010, 05:11:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gungho1989

I may get into trouble with the UK version of Ebay!!  :twisted:

Now question. I have been wanting to go to a new pipe, Was wanting a bit more power and a better sound.
 Now a disclaimer I'm pretty green on this stuff so any help is appreciated and opinions welcome even scathing.  :)

Is this a good setup. Or is staying with a dual set the better way to go.
and what is involved I know I will need a good set of jets.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TRIUMPH-TIGER-900 ... 3ef821c314
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
"A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government strong enough to take everything you have" - Thomas Jefferson

akendall1966

I would check with them it is for a steamer. I know it says all years but steamer is double sided stock and there is only one set of pipes. Don't look like enough parts to convert a steamer to single sided to me.

AK
----AK-----

Mustang

that won't fit a steamer and it will be extremely LOUD and if it did add any HP it would be minimal

Gungho1989

Definitely don't want it loud, I prefer a little more throaty but don't want obnoxious.
  I have looked at some other pipes but the cost of them is always a deal killer for me, I'll find a deal eventually I am sure or will bite the bullet and tell the wife some guy in Russia got our CC# ordered me these parts for no apparent reason.  :twisted:

Sure was a lucky thing they will work on my Tiger!!

Any way what Pipes are you guys running? Are they worth the Jack?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
"A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government strong enough to take everything you have" - Thomas Jefferson

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "Gungho1989"will bite the bullet and tell the wife some guy in Russia got our CC# ordered me these parts for no apparent reason.  :twisted:

Hadn't thought of that one  :lol: but she's probably smart enought to realise Visa will cover proven fraudulent transactions  :(

I managed to blag a set of "New Old Stock" Motad stainless Venoms from the maker through eBay UK at a reasonable price, another US guy looked into it but decided even with the cost saving the frieght was just too much.

I am still on the original cans, also made by Motad, which are a bit patched, so haven't tried them out yet. They provided two baffles so at least you have some options, I'm interested to see how they work with the standard carb settings.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

MtheTiger

BOS race exhausts !

Best mod you can get ......

When I got my Scotland video sorted I will place a youtube link

Cheers

M
-Only dead fish go with the flow-

97 Caspian blue

fepn26

I have some Yoshimuras on mine.  It brings out the triple beautifully, like good seasoning on a steak.  It sounds like a sport car.  louder than most, but not obnoxious loud.  It is quiet at low revs, but when it hits 5,000 it is a symphony!!!