News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I realised

Started by PeterO, September 04, 2004, 11:39:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeterO

If my old steamer was running as unevenly at low rpm as my new '05 does, I would have had the carbs off, and be checking them for blocked jets/worn needles etc, where as all I can do is  grin and bear it and wait for Triumph to get it sorted...

Progress ?  I  not so sure :(

Peter

NortonCharlie

My 01 955i Tiger runs very good at all speeds.  It has a very smooth consistant idle.  I can idle it around in 1st or 2nd gear and run it down about 2500 and pull up smoothly (though don't give it much throttle at those speeds) from those revs.  I don't get any surging or searching at any engine speeds.   I've had a bunch of different tunes in it.  The only one I really didn't like was one where they forgot to set it for the off-road pipe and I got alot of vibration and poor fuel milage.  I always seem to notice performance problems,  vibration and a little lagging in response, when it starts getting close to time for a 12k checkup.  It ussually seems like a night and day difference when I pick it up.  Of course it always seems to run a bunch smoother right after I change the oil.  I'm at about 44,000 miles now.

If my engine performs this well shouldn't they all?
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando