News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

A year older and a lot grumpier

Started by Sin_Tiger, June 24, 2010, 11:33:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

Here I am stuck in a small port in Denmark trying to cram electronics, logic circuits and the like into an ever diminishing quantity of grey cells, feeling a bit fed up, so I log on to cheer myself up and it worked a treat.

Notice I'd recently clocked over the 1k of posts, not sure if that's good or just sad  :icon_scratch  the glass has just been topped up to more than half full so I'll look on the bright side.

Also see Geof has upgraded me to Site Supporter now that he finally got some dosh out of me  :icon_salut

Thought to myself I have a good bike in Singapore that I get to ride most days and a great mechanic that is passionate and patient about rebuilding the one I'd rather be riding.

Another in Scotland where the dear lady looks after it and puts up with my childish nonsense and selfishness on the rare occasions she sees me.

And a place where I can come for advice and reassurance from people who don't know me from Adam but never ask for anything and put up with my drivel.

Now after a couple of Birthday Single Malts I am thinking to my self - how lucky am I - so just to say thanks and I hope I get to meet some of you in the years to come so that I can shake your hand   :friday  :notworthy
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

HappyMan

Drink one down for me to and Happy Birthday!!
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

jphish

Happy BD Sin Tiger! I think we all can all re-learn (ad infinitem) the lesson of gratitude. We are pretty fortunate to have the luxury of both time & $ to ride Tigers (or whatever) when the majority of humanity is trying to get by day to day. Sobering....but not on one's birthday of course. 1000 posts! Thats got to be a record for the period you've been a subscriber. I'll toast one to ya - be well, j

Yukon

aeronca

Happy Birthday bro - and many more to come 8)  now shut up and drink :friday  :occasion14   :occasion14     :friday    :party
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Nick Calne

Happy Brithday Chap!
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

coachgeo

COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

ArcticTiger

H. B. Sin-Tiger :friday !!, how does it feel the day after :sleepy1 ehh?
Its friday afternoon, and now that you have the weekend in front of you, maybee its time for "en lille"  again?
And Denmark shouldnt be too bad, lots of sin there.... :D
-09 Triumph Tiger 1050 blazing orange
-98 Triumph Tiger 900 british racing green
-06 Ducati Multistrada 1000 S DS red
-99 Moto Guzzi EV 11 Cali. (Wi, USA)
-00 Yamaha TT600R
You are allowed to have only one wife, but you can ride as many bikes as you want...

Sin_Tiger

Thanks guys  :party  :icon_salut  what was yanking my chain a bit is the fact that my hotel room (Jutlandia) overlooks the ferry terminal. Sitting looking out of the window at the many ferry comings and goings (Larvik, Oslo, Goteborg, Laeso) and all the bikes rolling on and off.

Everything from Aprillia's to Z1's, though I haven't spotted any Triumphs  :icon_scratch  I talked to a guy who spotted a black Roadie in Norwegian drag, full luggage and not hanging about  :lol:

Thankfully Single Malts rarely give you a headache  8) and I behaved myself  :wink: . This place was not exactly lively last night and sushi was definately off the menu  :shock:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

Just got back from my quick trip to Wales.  Belated Happy Birthday mate.  and how come Denmark???
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

Cheers.

Doing a course on complicated marine diesel engine control systems at the MAN factory. Suck squeeze bang blow used to be all you needed to know  :roll:

Hows things in the Valleys then, lovely is it?

KuzzinKenny

Hey Sin_Tiger !! a Belated Happy Birthday from me aswell  :oops:

http://sendables.jibjab.com/sendables/3 ... thday_song

feel free to join in with the chorus everyone  :lol:

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

oxnsox

Was having a dram myself that day with my Da... soo HB to the both of you.
(though you may have been doing some course with MARIS as apart from the hotel everything seemed soo familiar...tis a Danish thing no-doubt)

OK soo I'll have another dram for you now....
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"Hows things in the Valleys then, lovely is it?

Still a beautiful place, and the bites are healing nicely now....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Geoff D

Belated happy birthday to ya ST.... if I'd of known yer birthday was coming would have saved your LR pic for later...
That must of been a bummer watching the bikes gettin on & off the ferry.

Cheers
The older I get the faster I was...