News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

pilot needle...leave it or drill it

Started by BruKen, July 13, 2010, 12:33:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff D

Pm'd you too but its stuck in outbox....So have you drilled out the jet from that hole Bruce???
The older I get the faster I was...

BruKen

No Geoff. The needle sits on the end of a threaded bolt. I have drilled that portion of the bolt out so I can pull the needle, spring etc out. what remains of the bolt is 0.3 mm of remaining wall before the thread. Normally you can collapse this and remove it by cutting one, maybe two sides of the wall. But it is not budging. I could have a threaded brass insert made to go in an oversize hole, or could get a tap and cut the last portion of wall out but this is problematic as the needle shoulder won't allow a full tap. But in the end, the tolerance factor is so tight, any repair really would be time wasted. Better to replace the carb body. Ya know, you got to try anyway, sometimes you loose. I may have a hero tho :)

BruKen

Look at the larger diameter threaded hole. You look closely enough you will see the remaining wall darker grey I.e no thread...because it is still the remains of the needle threaded shoulder / bolt section

Am I making sense? I don't understand my own explanation.

Geoff D

Ok I got it now....  :roll: well hopefully you might have got sorted... if not let me know, see if I can help....
The older I get the faster I was...

BruKen

:P

MIMbox has sorted me out a replacement carby set at a fantastic price especially when considering their cost to replace new. Dealer won't sell just a body, got to buy a complete set. I am chuffed to bits I am, I thought at the time, "here we go, can't make the distance, yer screwed" and not 24 hours go by and I have a promised replacement. How cool is that? This site is a godsend. So whoever owns it, I could kiss you (hope you are pretty in case you take me up on the offer)

Thank you MIMbox :friday  :hello2

Mustang

Abruzzi owns it

But I doubt Geoff wants to kiss yer mug  :ImaPoser

BruKen

Even better :D Its my lucky week !

BruKen

My replacement carby's arrived today

Thanks MIMbox :occasion14  :eusa_dance

abruzzi

Quote from: "Mustang"Abruzzi owns it

But I doubt Geoff wants to kiss yer mug  :ImaPoser