News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Engine earth

Started by Tikru05, July 14, 2010, 09:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tikru05

Since there are no stupid questions: Where the h..l is engine earth located on 2005 (early) Girly? I seem to have grounding problems since fuel gauge is jumping up and down. Also headlights seem to dim occasionally depending on rews. There's a huge amount of wiring going from ECM to front (or vice versa), and luckily ground wire also disappears into this mess. I'd prefer not to rip off all the tape from wiring, so what is the exact location? (presumably under the tank just to make things easier the British way...) And yes, I've had some alternator / R/R problems. Still the output isn't high enough having them both replaced, but that's another issue...
Even cows s... smells different on dirt roads...

2005 Tiger 955i

Advwannabe

My tank is back on now Unfortunately, but I think the wire you seek connects to the block near the bottom of the behind No2 barrel.

From the throttle side, sight along the starter motor until you see a conical looking sensor. Immediately behind the sensor lives the wire
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

Tikru05

Holy Mother of God! Found it, cheers Mate!
Even cows s... smells different on dirt roads...

2005 Tiger 955i