News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Stock Stator for Rewind

Started by brad1098, July 16, 2010, 03:40:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brad1098

Recently upgraded my charging system.  My original stator with 15k miles is up for grabs.  Would be a perfect candidate to send to Custom Rewind in Alabama for no down time!  Was charging at time of removal.

$40 Shipped
02 black-Lorna

coachgeo

Quote from: "brad1098"Recently upgraded my charging system.  My original stator with 15k miles is up for grabs.  Would be a perfect candidate to send to Custom Rewind in Alabama for no down time!  Was charging at time of removal.

$40 Shipped
Stator is off of what type and year of tiger?
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

Mustang

Quote from: "coachgeo"
Quote from: "brad1098"Recently upgraded my charging system.  My original stator with 15k miles is up for grabs.  Would be a perfect candidate to send to Custom Rewind in Alabama for no down time!  Was charging at time of removal.

$40 Shipped
Stator is off of what type and year of tiger?
uhmmmmm seing how his sig is 02 black  lorna

I think it would be safe to assume an 2002 955I Tiger  :roll:

brad1098

Yep. 02 955i

Aren't we the only ones with this stator issue?

BTW, cant brag enough on my new setup. I swear the bike is more crisp with more consistent power going to ignition, fuel system, etc.  On meter, power is more even across all RPM's.....nice and high at idle!

Alabama Custom Rewind with MOFSET type CBR1000 R/R
I bought Stretch's backup set.  :D
02 black-Lorna

brad1098

$30 bump.  If youre system isn't fixed it is a time bomb..............sooner or later  :shock:
02 black-Lorna

ArchRider

So, what exactly is the "time bomb" in the stator?  I bought my 2001 second hand & I don't know whether the stator had been rewound.  However, last winter, if I turned my heated jacket up too high, I'd drain the battery.  Is this a sign of a dying stator?  And if so, where could I take the one your selling to get it rewound?

Mustang

Quote from: "ArchRider"So, what exactly is the "time bomb" in the stator?  I bought my 2001 second hand & I don't know whether the stator had been rewound.  However, last winter, if I turned my heated jacket up too high, I'd drain the battery.  Is this a sign of a dying stator?  And if so, where could I take the one your selling to get it rewound?
the heated jacket was probably drawing more watts than the system could produce ...it's less than 400 watts available to the entire bike , 110 watts goes for just the headlights  , nevermind the ecu and fuel pump etc etc

but this is the place he's talking about for rewind of the stator and wouldn't hurt to replace the regulator / rectifier at the same time

http://customrewind.com/

brad1098

the time bomb is when you are riding along, like me.  Saying "I guess my tiger is different" I havent had any R/R & stator problems.

Then it dies when you are 50 or 500 miles from home.

Mine died at 16,000 miles.  Some go earlier, some later.  

Stretch rode with a complete spare charging system in the panniers after his first failure, but his major upgrades are so bulletproof he never had to use the spare set.
02 black-Lorna

AK Tiger

Unfortunately, the upgrade isn't bulletproof.  My Tiger, complete with the epoxy coated stator, the Honda Regulator/Rectifier, and the rewire, just lost it's charging system.  First failure was at 23K miles, the second was yesterday at 40K miles.  Waaaaaaaaaa. :cry:
Darrell
IBA 16091
2005 Tiger
2002 Tiger (Deceased - Killed by a suicidal caribou)

KuzzinKenny

In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

brad1098

AK tiger............can you tell what caused the second failure?
02 black-Lorna

AK Tiger

Naa, can't tell yet cuz I jumped on my other bike (BMW K1200LT) and rode to Utah for a long weekend trip.  However,  as soon as I know, you'll know!
Darrell
IBA 16091
2005 Tiger
2002 Tiger (Deceased - Killed by a suicidal caribou)