News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Lowering the rear - am I being stupid?

Started by GavD, July 19, 2010, 08:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GavD

I'm flipping over the chain adjusters to lower the rear a bit, but am struggling to get the brake caliper bracket that the wheel spindle goes through in the right place due to the small tang that fits under the swingarm when the adjusters are in the normal position. Does this tang have to be ground off or what?

Frustrated
Gav
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

MIMbox

Short Answer, yes!!

Mustang

yep ,and pull the forks up in the trees to lower the front by about 3/4 of an inch  (17mm) will make tiger a very happy handling corner carver

GavD

The reason I'm doing it is because I'm changing to the 6 spoke type Trident wheels - doing it the Mustang way using the Tiger forks, so with the smaller front wheel I should leave the forks where they are right?

Mustang

pull em up start with about 10 mm and see how you like it ..........it improves handling greatly

GavD

Thanks Mustang your advice is much appreciated.

rf9rider

Did i read on here about having to raise the chainguard if you flip the adjusters?

Mustang

yep you need about a 25 mm spacer between swingarm and chaingaurd or a 40 tooth sprocket would probably clear