News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger 885i noobee

Started by R0B, July 29, 2010, 08:15:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

R0B

Hi all, this is my first post. I've just bought a neglected 885i. It's been stood for a while, but was running and on the road a year ago. I have a number of T300s, and as such am familiar with the engine (although FI is new to me). My intention is to go through the bike and give it a major service, shims, the lot. I just wanted to ask, is there anything to be aware of. Does the bike have any problems I should be aware of (apart from the crank breather that I've read of on here). Does the FI have to be professionally checked and set up, of if it works leave it alone?

I also want to put panniers on the bike. Will the Givi 955i rack fit (and if so does anyone have a set for sale)? and if not are there any recommendations

Thanks

Rob

Sin_Tiger

Welcome, another emotional rescue, sick puppies do it for me too  :D , you're going to have fun whatever happens.

885i is not one I have  :icon_scratch but I would be surprised if all your answers around here somewhere. I think either a proper "Tune" at your trusted Triumph dealer or investing in a Tuneboy if your into that are the options, the Sagem ECU is a bit of an oddity, bit like their mobile phones  :roll: Bixer Bob is your man here, I'm sure he'll be around shortly  :wink:

Not sure if the new Givi boxes will suit you, have a look here

[edit] sorry misread about the racks, can't think what is different between the models as far as the rear subframe goes but not specified on the Givi site, probably could be adapted though  :wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Wiggus

They have a tendency to leak from, or blow, head gaskets.
Might as well swap that out while you're in there.
You Will Know Me By The Trail of Bolts...

aeronca

welcome aboard 8)    we need pic's.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

R0B

I'll sort out a picture asap. As a quick update, I checked the fluids, put a battery in and it started straight off  YIPPEE :-). On the down side there is some corrosion around.

Rob

R0B

Well the bike goes for MOT tomorrow. Everything works and the engine is sweet as a nut. However, I've decided to get a steamer as one dropped in my lap at a wonderful price, so the Girly will be on it's way. I'm a sucker for saving bikes that have been neglected, but sometimes I think it would be nice to get one just to ride!!

Rob

NeilD

Quote from: "R0B"However, I've decided to get a steamer as one dropped in my lap at a wonderful price,
Rob

not the blue one that was on ebay yesterday (but not today!) ?  :D

R0B

Nope, but I did look.......................ohlins and everyfink................I reckon it was cheap

NeilD

he must've had an offer on it as was de-listed, which is why i wondered if you'd got in there..  :D