News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tapatalk

Started by Hemibee, July 30, 2010, 02:27:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemibee

Hey abruzzi, great site you have here.  Have you given any thought to hooking up with Tapatalk so those of us that use smart phones can access the forum easier with our phones?  I use Tapatalk with a couple other forums and it makes for a better experience when away from the home computer.
2004 KTM 450 EXC
2001 Triumph Tiger (Gone)
2013 Triumph Tiger 800XC

"Male menopause is a lot more fun than female menopause. With female menopause you gain weight and get hot flashes. Male menopause - you get to date young girls and drive motorcycles."  John Wayne

JetdocX

I get TT just fine on my Blackberry. :roll:
From parts unknown.

Nick Calne

Tapatalk is free to forums, but is it free to users?  

TT works fine with my sony ericsson satio using symbian btw.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Hemibee

Quote from: "nickcalne"Tapatalk is free to forums, but is it free to users?  

TT works fine with my sony ericsson satio using symbian btw.

Yes there is a free version.  I have the paid version, it allows a couple extra options over the free.  I don't remember what those options were/are at this time.  

I can access TT with my iPhone but the layout on TapaTalk is much easier to read when it is formated to your screen.
2004 KTM 450 EXC
2001 Triumph Tiger (Gone)
2013 Triumph Tiger 800XC

"Male menopause is a lot more fun than female menopause. With female menopause you gain weight and get hot flashes. Male menopause - you get to date young girls and drive motorcycles."  John Wayne

JetdocX

So my BB does something your iPhone doesn't do?   :lol:

Well, that's one thing, at least.  

(see the BB automatically formats the TT pages to fit in the window)

Better call Steve Jobs and complain. :lol:
From parts unknown.

abruzzi

I hadn't heard of tapatalk, I'll look into it.  I have been thinking of simply doing a mobile theme.  That would hit all mobile devices and wouldn't cost a thing. My spare time isn't to copious at the moment, but I'll see what I can do.

Geof

abruzzi

Update:  I took a quick look at tapatalk, and it only supports phpbb 3+. This site is still on phpbb2. Upgrading to 3+ or side grading to vbulliten or smf would be a lot of work. I'll look into it, but the way these forums work, there would almost certainly be issues, and the site might go through a bumpy period if I decide to do it.

Geof

abruzzi

Update 2:  Took a quick look at converting to SMF (vbulletin costs $)  Convert mostly works, but loses all attachments.  That means any post with images posted using the forum (rather than another photo hosting site) will come across without the images.  I can look at changing their convert script to try to pull the images across, but it might take time.  If you're curious, here is the quick convert:

http://tigertriple.com/site/

Dont post anything, as the data will get wiped out.

Geof