News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Fuel injector cleaner

Started by 60stonuptype, August 10, 2010, 11:14:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

60stonuptype

my 2006 tiger is generally running well, but idles a little uneven.  Its only got about 7000 miles.  I was thinking about putting a bottle of injector cleaner in the fuel but was cautioned by a friend that it might cause some problems.
Has anybody put injector cleaner in their fuel and did it help?  
Any thoughts on the subject gratefully recieved.

Thanks in advance for your help

Brian

tett

I have used sea foam with good results.  Have been using it for years on my 6 cyl. 6 carb Valkyrie and I swear by it.  As well, it is all I will use when stablizing my toys for the winter.

Have occasionally dumped some in my Tiger's tank.  My Tiger runs smooth and strong.  Don't know if I need it because it has never run rough.  But I would recommend giving it a try.  Dump in abut 200ml in a full tank and let that run through.

http://www.seafoamsales.com/

tett

Quote from: "60stonuptype"my 2006 tiger is generally running well, but idles a little uneven.  Its only got about 7000 miles.  I was thinking about putting a bottle of injector cleaner in the fuel but was cautioned by a friend that it might cause some problems.
Has anybody put injector cleaner in their fuel and did it help?  
Any thoughts on the subject gratefully recieved.

Thanks in advance for your help

Brian
98 Valkyrie
71 Commando
06 Tiger

haroldo_psf

+1 on SeaFoam. It's the best thing out there for sure. I just poured a whole can on my 2000 855i. It has an idling issue where it idles fine when I start it up (or in neutral), but while riding, when I come to a stop and pull in the clutch, it dies. I know the ISVC is a possible cause, but I poured a can of SeaFoam just to be safe and clean the 50K miles injectors.
2000 Tiger 885i