News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

TigerTrax is Back.

Started by TigerTrax, August 14, 2010, 11:02:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TigerTrax

Hi gang.... Trax is back.

I had to get away from all things motorcycle; Flush the system; Get my bearings; Refresh.

In my real life ( the one that pays the bills ) I travel 4 states in the MidWest as a manufacturer's representative. During the past 12 months I have added 3 new manufacturers ( now 9 manufacturers )+ taking care of business when it rears its head. I have had a very good year. I look around and see people losing jobs, getting reduced hours, or fearing losing their job . . . . every day. 32 years ago I decided I would become an independent rep.... it's very demanding.... but at least I can 'create my own luck'. To create that luck I have to go where the business takes me. I have spent 3 weeks at a time traveling just to keep the fires burning.

It looks like we will be making our move to Southern Missouri this next year. We're getting the house ready to sell.... perhaps even build down in the Springfield area. It is a great part of the country. This will keep me busy for quite some time. In addition, I will have to hire 1-2 sales reps...
It's a tough business for a few years, then it's a way of life.

SO I am back in the saddle. Just completing a Montana - Wyoming - South Dakota trip. The air was a cool 73°; The mountains were spectacular; Tiger ran awesome.

Right now the Tiger is getting fork springs; Throttle bodies sync'd; Valves checked; And some minor stuff. At 40,000K she's in great shape and still a hard charger. Don ( formerly of Baxter Cycle ) is in Ft Dodge, Iowa. He has always done good work and is superb, low key, guy that just goes about his business. ( Cycle Service in Ft Dodge, IA )

FYI:
There will be some of us running down to Jasper, AR in October. ( Dates to be determined) It's a great time of the year. There will be camping or 'moteling' at the HUB...
if we can get the rooms. Those who have never been to Jasper..... it is a terrific place for everything: Riding - Surroundings - Commraderie - Cigars & Whisky around Bonfires & Lies !
Anybody wanting to join us.... speak up in UPCOMING RIDES.

It's good to be home.

Trax
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

KuzzinKenny

AWOL for 8 months !!  :shock:  Welcome home TigerTrax !!

:D

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Mustang

Quote from: "TigerTrax"Hi gang.... Trax is back.

FYI:
There will be some of us running down to Jasper, AR in October. ( Dates to be determined) It's a great time of the year. There will be camping or 'moteling' at the HUB...
if we can get the rooms. Those who have never been to Jasper..... it is a terrific place for everything: Riding - Surroundings - Commraderie - Cigars & Whisky around Bonfires & Lies !
Anybody wanting to join us.... speak up in UPCOMING RIDES.

It's good to be home.

Trax
:eusa_clap  :eusa_clap  :eusa_clap  :thumbsup  :wink:

JetdocX

Good for you, TT!  I think the riding down in your new 'hood will be head and shoulders above Nebraska.  Great move.

So I can buzz ya next time I'm in N Arkansas?
From parts unknown.

aeronca

:iagree  glad your back.    eric
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "aeronca":iagree  glad your back.    eric
+1 and good luck (creating it yourself) with the expanded enterprise.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

blacktiger

Welcome back Trax. Good to hear you didn't sell the Tiger when you took the sabbatical.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

brad1098

Hey man, cant wait to see ya again in Jasper.  TT is one of those guys that can flat foot his tiger, hell I think his knees are still bent.

Some great smaller communities around Springfield.  I worked there for a year.  I would be looking at Republic or further south aroung Lake Taneycomo.  All depends on what you are looking for.  Loads of housing on the market in that area.  

Welcome back
02 black-Lorna