News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Jasper Arkansas - October 2010

Started by TigerTrax, August 14, 2010, 11:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger04

Brad1050 PM me on the Chalet.
Henry
13 Tiger in Beautiful Sapphire Blue
"Tigers aren't for wimps"

TigerTrax

Brad... Look forward to seeing you again....

You know, Jasper is the unofficial home of the Tigers....
The folks there really like us and we appreciate their hospitality.

Those who have not made the trek.... get ready to step back in time, slow down, and breathe deep.

If you want a chalet... call Nancy ASAP. Teri has space at the campground. And any late comers... we'll find a place for you.

Let's all try to arrive by 6:30pm Fri sow e can all be together for a Fri nite dinner... nothin fancy. Just good friends enjoyin Ozarks.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

Tomsblutiger1

It would be great to see you all again.  Last years "Streak" took us on some of the best twisties I've experienced.  The father-in-law is going to be back on the boat, and I'm behind on projects at work and at home because I've already put 8000 miles on my Tiger this summer.  So, I'm afraid I can't make it.  :(  Have a great time!
06 Tiger 955i Caspian Blue

brad1098

Dang Tom, you seemed like the only sane one there last year  :shock:

I did the math.......3 on 3 off.  Don't ask why I retain that, but I knew the father in law was out.

I did get my led brake light after following you that misty morning to the Cliff House.  You never know what a Tiger looks like from the tail till you follow one.  

8k miles this summer, thats awesome.  I probably only put 800 on in this extreme heat.

We will cross paths again. Cheers
02 black-Lorna

TigerTrax

Jasper, AR  ?????

Here's Why folks!

http://www.arkansas.com/outdoors/motorc ... rides.aspx

Jasper is on Scenic Hwy 7 and hooks up with many of these roads.

Come Git Turned Around! :wings

Thanks to Mario Caruso for this..... he wrote it! :headbang

TigerTrax

We keep adding Tigers....
I think we are now up to about 12-13....
Gerry Hagen from NC just commited......

Anyone looking for nice accomodations and want to knock down the costs.... give Nancy a call a rent a chalet. It's right there at the HUB.

Shady Oaks has plenty of camping room... 2 miles from the HUB.

EvilBetty

Anyone else staying at the budget inn?  Getting ready to book.
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

EvilBetty

Family Budget Inn Harrison
401 S. Main Street
Harrison, AR US 72601
(870) 743-1000
http://www.familybudgetinn.com/index.html

Dinner at the HUB
GPS coordinates N36.11346  W93.12447
P.O. Box 165 Marble Falls Arkansas  72648
(870) 743-4062
http://www.hubinfo.com/

Breakfast at the Cliff House
35º 56' 69.0" N / 93º 9' 8.0" W
N 35.94536,  W -93.16241
(870) 446-2292
http://www.cliffhouseinnar.com/

jsingraham

Hey EB, let me know when you are planning to head down, maybe we can make the run together.  Right now, I am targeting to leave about 1:30-2:00 and only plan to stop for fuel as I would like to get in before it is too dark.  If my 1:00 conf call gets cancelled, I could pull out earlier, but can't plan on that at this point.

Jason
06 Triumph Tiger - Caspian Blue
07 Yamaha FJR - Black Cherry
86 Honda TR200 FatCat
85 Yamaha BW200 Bigwheel
02 jr 50(really for the kids!)

EvilBetty

I'm cool with anyone from the area riding down with us, but Patty will be on her Buell blast.  She has about a 80 mile range before she has to stop for fuel.  Sometimes we grab a drink and hit the restroom before rolling on.

We ride with an intercom system, but I also have FRS capability if we need it.

When we went last year, we left early enough to stop for a late breakfast in Clinton, MO.

It was a cold windy ride down and we needed to grab some coffee and warm up.

jsingraham

We can touch base the week of to figure out the details.  You may be leaving earlier than me anyway and if so, I might catch up with you along the way.  If I can leave earlier, I will, and don't mind more stops, just want to try and hit the Hub/Chalet before it is too dark.

Jason
06 Triumph Tiger - Caspian Blue
07 Yamaha FJR - Black Cherry
86 Honda TR200 FatCat
85 Yamaha BW200 Bigwheel
02 jr 50(really for the kids!)

EvilBetty

Yeah we'd like to get down there early enough that we can unload at the hotel, unwind a bit, then ride up to the HUB for dinner.

TigerTrax

If you are into it...

bring a cigar or or 2  ... maybe swap.

TigerTrax

Right now we have 13 definitely  'IN':
3 from Nebraska
1 from NC
1 from AR
3 from IL
5 from MO  ( The Show-Off state )

We have 2 hanging on the vine and 2 that
probably will not make it.

This reminds me so much of the very first Ride-In event it's uncanny! Randy Wallace and I were there at4:45 pm ( he arrived 9:30 AM !!! He was by himself ALL DAY!)
By 11:30 pm we had 21 riders and 21 Tigers from 7 different states.

Our guide had been called up on Air Force duty... we didn't have a clue
as to where to go.... so we 'winged-it'. We rode a little, stopped & talked a little. Our last night we took a dinner cruise on the Lake of the Ozarks and someone said, ". . . ya know, this could be a fun thing to do every year . . ." And with that said... everyone said, "Let's just do that!" . . . and so it goes.

EvilBetty

Rode a R.A.T. ride yesterday at Engle Motors.  Pat (who rides a 2006 Tiger) was telling me about their open house coming up on 10/8-9.  I told him that was the weekend of the Tiger - Jasper ride-in.  He wasn't aware and was a little bummed out by it.

It was kind of funny.  RAT ride with 13 riders... 5 of them tigers.  :headbang

Unfortunately I don't think I was able to talk any of them into riding to Jasper.