News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Adjusting Stock Shock Question.

Started by markreck, August 18, 2010, 11:37:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markreck

Am tweaking the stock rear shock on my 02 Tiger. The owner's manual talks about "Turns" relative to the Rebound Damping. By "Turns" do they mean 360 degree rotations of the screw or clicks or other? Also, has anyone found a happy combination of settings for preload and damping for a 180 pound solo rider?

Thanks,
Mark R

KuzzinKenny

Hey markreck !! have a looky here......

http://www.triumphrat.net/tiger-chat/68 ... setup.html

see if you can work it out !!  :?  :lol:

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

markreck

Er, so is it clicks or spins?

KuzzinKenny

it doesn't matter what you use, clicks or complete turns, as long as you write down what you did so you can go back to that point if you don't like that setting !!

this might explain it more, i hope  :?

hope this helps !!

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

blacktiger

There are clicks on the damping adjuster but they are hard to feel if the shock is covered in crap from the back wheel. I think it's two clicks per 360*.

Yeah, KK that video is just going to confuse matters because they're mentioning 100mm etc which is bike dependant. i.e. what works on the YZ250 with 12" of suspension ain't going to work on something with less.

As for a good adjustment. The best adjustment is the one that feels good to you. Everyone has different requirements. So, my advice is to fiddle and play and find one you're happy with. My setting is 3 clicks back from max. I find that works well with pre-load between 3 and 5.
Of course, all this goes out the window if the shock is knackered.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.