News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Steamer caliper seal and piston kits

Started by R0B, August 21, 2010, 09:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R0B

Are there any cheaper ways to get hold of pistons and seals for the steamer calipers. I'd prefer nissin stuff, as it's supposed to be better, but £55 for a piston and seal kit from Triumph (and they're out of stock for 6 weeks) or £20 for a pack of four seals (2 inner, 2 dust) or £23 per piston sounds like a lot of money.

Thanks

Rob

rf9rider

Have you tried Wemoto?

Usually cheaper than oem.

NeilD

I used the pattern pistons on my TBS and ended up replacing 4 out of the 6  after about 18 months as they'd pitted and siezed in the caliper..   :roll:
how bad are your pistons?

rybes

i used this lil lot for mine

http://www.triumph-online.co.uk/brake-c ... -467-c.asp

fitted well n had no issuses with em. aint bled em up or tried em yet so cant tell ya how they perform but if they work as good as they went together i should be ok.

i hope :lol:
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

R0B

My pistons are so so...............the seal kit looks good, but how do the pattern seals function. I've been told they can stick and drag on the pistons.

Rob

NeilD

i splashed out on genuine seals on the TBS as I was replacing everything else.. to be honest I didnt really notice any difference when fitting them, and at the same time I put pattern ones in the Tiger and they're fine so far, about 6000 miles on.. not sure what if anything that proves!!   :lol: