News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New Steamer owner

Started by archangel, August 24, 2010, 04:48:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

archangel

Hey guys, just purchased a 95 steamer and I was seeking a little help/advice on a few parts. Looking for aftermarket exhaust, modifications that can be made. Not new to Triumphs just this particular model. Have a front wheel that is a bit knackered-will cast rims from a Girly work or should I stick to the spoked ones. Any and all help would be appreciated.
2008 Rocket 3T-Fast armchair with wheels!
2002 Daytona 955i C.E.
1999 Speed Triple -slushy green
1996 Daytona 1200-Pimento Red
1995 Speed Triple-Fireball Orange (fastest color)
1995 Thunderbird
1995 Tiger-newest member Caspian Blue

Mustang

You have much reading to do ...........:D most if not all the info you seek has been discussed and is here in the forums
use the search button on the top of the forum pages .
It works best if you type in what you want to search for then tick the box with search for all terms or else you will get search returns that have nothing to do with what you are looking for .
There is mucho info on this forum about what fits steamers and steamers in general .

Welcome to the site and be sure to fill out your profile .....location helps other posters know where you are at as members here are worldwide .

For example if you are UK there will be aftermarket exhaust more easily available than here in the USA...........

CoolHandLuke

I bought some second hand wheels off ebay and had them sent off to have the hubs painted, new rims and then laced with stainless spokes.

There are a number of after market exhausts for the steamer; BOS, Trident Exhausts and Venom are the ones that spring to mind.  I am saving my pennies to buy a set of the BOS ones as they are the only one's that I have seen that use the same mount as the OEM.  I am not a big fan of the other two having used the Trident carbon fibre one's and currently have an unused boxed pair of the Venom one's lying around (both for sale, BTW).

Crash bars are a must.  The two contenders here are theHepco & Becker bars and the Thunderbike Crash Bars.

Original luggage racks are like rocking horse shit.  The only real alternative I have found are the Hepco & Becker racks

The stock seat is lousy for long distance rides.  I have replaced mine with a Corbin, but there are *lots* of alternatives here.

I could go on and on, but these are what I consider the basics for using the bike for any distance with luggage.

Sin_Tiger

Welcome, polish your halo up and let's see some pics, maybe then we can have a guessing game on where you are  :wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

archangel

Thanks guys for the response. I will go take a couple of pics of the new bike and post. Decided to take a new direction with this one and familiar with the engine already since owning two other bikes with the same lump. Stock cans sound a bit like bumble bees in a can and I know what this engine sounds like with a proper set. I still love the ag sound off the engine-people always ask if there is something wrong with it! I've read a lot on this sight and others and kept coming back here. Thanks again!   :D
2008 Rocket 3T-Fast armchair with wheels!
2002 Daytona 955i C.E.
1999 Speed Triple -slushy green
1996 Daytona 1200-Pimento Red
1995 Speed Triple-Fireball Orange (fastest color)
1995 Thunderbird
1995 Tiger-newest member Caspian Blue