News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

For Girlies with EBC floating rotors

Started by Bixxer Bob, September 08, 2010, 03:03:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

Since fitting my EBCs I'm getting a small amount of rotor flutter at slow speeds.  What I think is happening is the rotor is solid under normal braking, but as you ease the lever as you're coming to a stop the rotor flutters slightly on the bobbins.  It was disconcerting at first, but now I ignore it.  Anyone else have this?

I only ask because floating discs are standard on my Blackbird and it's never done it.  :roll:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

ChazzyB

Mine did that too! Come to think of it, I don't think it has since I changed pads away from EBC HH pads...
Charles
1971 BSA A65L Lightning
1953 AJS 18S

Chris Canning

Bob

What are the floaters on your Blackbird,just because discs have bobbins doesn't mean their floaters,the EBC's are proper floaters as in musical instrument as are my Beringers,they rattle their heads off,as they are supposed to do,those cheapos mounted on bobbins only rattle when their knackered.

Bixxer Bob

Good spot Chris, the Tigger has a little play in the discs the Blackbird has none, so the 'Bird's are not floaters.... :lol:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

The little play in the EBC's is what your paying for,it's the hole idea of floating discs so when they get all hot and bothered their not trying to tear e'mselves to pieces when expanding or contracting.