News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Thinking a Valve and seat Job needed?

Started by ramseybella, September 17, 2010, 08:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramseybella

Quote from: "Mustang"
Quote from: "ramseybella"Do you have to drop the motor to pull the head or pull off everything around it?
I have an open front porch to do the work no indoor shop winter is on its way.. :roll:

The triumph bible says you can do it in the frame .............I do it motor out on a bench in a heated garage it's easier

QuoteAlso if a head is new do the seats need to be cut or can you just lap the valves in the seats?

the bible says to lap the new valves in with a small amount of grinding compound

Looks  like I will do it the hard  way!!

Looked at a 2003 995i Sprint last night 12600 Mi $2800 nice but that forword thing just killed my back going around the block, wish it was sitting up it had 2" bar risers to!!