News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

**** SOLD****98 BRG Tiger, Feeler

Started by bjago, September 23, 2010, 01:19:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bjago

I am reluctant to do it, but I am thinking of selling my 98. I need to simplify my fleet of vehicles and this one might need to go to.
I have had this bike since 06, I bought it with 11K miles. it came with the Thunderbike crash bars, the powerbronze tall screen, the Triumph brand center stand, the three bag Triumph branded (Givi) bags, and Corbin seat. I've added heated grips, with auto quality illuminated switch, voltmeter that replaces the faulty clock, two BMW style poweroutlets, Scottoiler with touring res. and dual ejector, and a Triumph Trophy rear wheel.

The bike currently has 79K miles,

A couple weeks ago

A few weeks after I bought it in 06.

Oil changed every 5K
K & N air filter cleaned every 10K
Antifreeze changed at 50K, used Honda antifreeze (no silicates) Wetter Water added at the same time
Valves adjusted at Cascade moto in Beaverton Or. at approx 36K, and 60K, just checked again at 75K with no changes needed
Steering stem bearings changed at 50K
Chain replaced approx 10K ago
Ignition pickup replaced at 75K
DAR repaired at 75K, found to be post mod on the motor side but the bolt (M6 bolt) on the alternator side did break, repaired and replaced as needed. voltage at idle is 13.9 +
Currently has the Trophy rear wheel with Metzler Z6 tires on it, But comes with the stock size rear wheel  (3.75 ") and a 02 stock size (4.25"), along with a second sprocket carrier.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something  :D

Now the bad, I did bounce off a dear at 36K (long story) and run into a boulder on the side of the road. The left crashbar took the damage very well. The bike suffered only a small amout of damage, the small engine cover was scratched (repaired), the crashbar was replaced, the original Powerbronze screen was replaced with the dark one on the bike now. Due to the cosmetic engine damage the bike was issued a salvaged title and I bought it back.

I obviously ride allot and haven't had any real issues with this bike but I think its time for a change.
Price is $1800.00, OBO.
I live in southwest Washington just north of Vancouver.

Thanks, Brent
mailto:bjago@aol.com">bjago@aol.com
05 Triumph Tiger 45K miles (lucifer orange)
98 Triumph Tiger 80K miles (sold)
98 Triumph T595 33K miles (sold :-(
04 MV Agusta Brutale 2500 miles (wifes)
93 GSXR 1100 85K miles (totalled)
91 GSXR 750 75K miles (sold)
86 Ninja 600 (sold)

bjago

Almost a 100 views and no responses. I knew it was a stretch but not even an offer...nothing?
86 Ninja 600 (sold)

jwray76

I will give ya a bump...if I was closer I would make an offer. BTW what was the purpose of the different rear wheel (tubeless)?

Dr. Mordo

Remember, many of us already have Tigers.  I think it's a good deal on a nice looking bike.  You should post it at ADVrider.com if you haven't.

Good luck!
1999 BMW F650

1996 Tiger

CoolHandLuke

I would love to own it, but you are in the wrong country :)

ElkSlayer

Sweet lookin' bike!!!  Wish I didn't have to wait for next years tax return...

Jim

mattsaw

Beautiful...
Noticed you wrote the pictures were from 06... do you have some fresh ones?
they can be emailed to mailto:msubaru@hotmail.com">msubaru@hotmail.com if you can...

Thanks

jwray76

Quote from: "mattsaw"Beautiful...
they can be emailed to mailto:msubaru@hotmail.com">msubaru@hotmail.com if you can...

Thanks

The first photo with cast rear wheel is recent.

bjago

Quote from: "mattsaw"Beautiful...

Thanks

Thanks, the bike has been a great one.

Here are some very recent pictures (today)

This picture is with the key off, check the voltage. You can also see the BMW style plug on the right side which is wired through a relay , and the high low lighted automotive style heated grip switch also through a relay.

This picture is with the bike idleing, a few minutes after warm up.

The corbin seat is pretty good for having 80K miles on it.

I am still wondering if getting rid of this bike is the right decision, I love riding it so much . I also have a 98 T595 that might also be an option to sell.
We will see.
Thanks, Brent
86 Ninja 600 (sold)

ramseybella

What would it cost to ship to Denver? :shock:

ramseybella

bjago

Quote from: "ramseybella"What would it cost to ship to Denver? :shock:

Oh, Sorry I've been quite busy lately.

I'm not in the business of shipping bikes, but one of my friends shipped a bike from Louisiana to Portland Oregon a couple of years ago and it was just about $600 bucks.

Thanks for the bump BTW.

I am obviously in no huge hurry to sell the bike, but its still an option. I am now considering also selling my 98 Triumph T595 also.  I just think I need a fresh start.  :D
86 Ninja 600 (sold)

ramseybella

Quote from: "bjago"
Quote from: "ramseybella"What would it cost to ship to Denver? :shock:

Oh, Sorry I've been quite busy lately.

I'm not in the business of shipping bikes, but one of my friends shipped a bike from Louisiana to Portland Oregon a couple of years ago and it was just about $600 bucks.

Thanks for the bump BTW.

I am obviously in no huge hurry to sell the bike, but its still an option. I am now considering also selling my 98 Triumph T595 also.  I just think I need a fresh start.  :D

I am in the same boat looking to a 1050 Tiger selling everything off I was going to keep the 98 tiger for parts if this one could be shipped, what are you looking to get?

bjago

I had a buyer lined up for this bike, But he had to back out.

Monday bump!!
86 Ninja 600 (sold)

ramseybella

Quote from: "bjago"I had a buyer lined up for this bike, But he had to back out.

Monday bump!!

I wish my 98 looked as good I would have spent the money and rebuilt it, We parted ways end of last month and bought a new 1050.

Not at all the same bike but still works perfect for me I will miss the Steamer.

Wish you lived closer good luck.